You are here

Favoritism

Gh4975's picture

I don't know how to handle this.  It's Father's Day & I suggested different plans but my husband couldn't decide or whatever the case was.  I suggested boy's time for our son and my stepson.  Anyway a friend asked about a playdate in the morning for our 4 year olds so I asked my husband if we could come back and then he could take the boys out.  We were only gone 2 hours then when I spoke to my husband he said he & SS would go for a bike ride from his business & then do something with our son.  So I went onto Facebook and my husband posts a picture of the 2 of them at the go kart place!!  What the hell?  Talk about favoritism!!  If I do any little thing that doesn't include SS it's an issue, but there's a definite double standard here!!  I'm so fed up & hurt!  Sorry for the long story!

Gh4975's picture

Thank you!  I was so hurt by what he did.  I didn't understand it.  He's finally starting to spend time with his bio mom again and thank goodness she's strict with him also

Rags's picture

If DH says one word, text him the GoKart pic, comment "Taking him on a bike ride?"  and then  tell him to STFU about how you treat yours until he includes both of his sons equitably.  Sure, different aged kids should get different activities with dad in an age appropriate differentiation.  But ..... FD does not stand for FAVORATISM Day.  It stands for Father's Day.

smh

hereiam's picture

Double standards and favoritism are very common in "blended" family situations, whether it be towards the older children from another BM or the younger children from the current BM.