You are here

Exposed to Covid

KC is not the stepmother's picture

SD33's ex, father of one of her children, killed himself. She asked if that grandchild could come visit. He's a good kid. When we returned him it was 112 degrees and she wanted us to take them out to lunch. Except all the restaurants are outside seating only because of Covid. I said no but DH wanted a cold beer to so we sat outside in 112 degree heat and had lunch. SD33 called two days later, two coworkers are + for Covid do we need to get tested. 

Thanks a freaking lot SD.

advice.only2's picture

If it was me I would just self monitor for the next couple of weeks, but if you are truly concerned and you can get tested then do so.

My job has asked that any employee who may have been exposed get tested. I'm mostly working from home but go into a branch office on occasion. 

tog redux's picture

I'm totally confused. But are you saying that SD33 was exposed to two coworkers, and you were exposed to the kid, while sitting outside?  Chances are very good SD doesn't have it, unless she comes in very close contact with her co-workers, and even if she does, you guys being outside with the GSK makes it unlikely you'd get it from him/her.

Thumper's picture

Opps sorry.

I hope you do not have Covid. Do you want to be tested?

lieutenant_dad's picture

Sounds like it's your DH's fault since you said no but his want for a beer trumped your discomfort.

Rags's picture

We are fortunate. We are empty nesters and are diligently social distancing. My parents are diligently social distancing and quarantining.  Our friends all are empty nesters for the most part though the last one with spawn at home did visit us 9 days ago though supposedly they have been social distancing and their daughter has been schooling at home.  16 days ago another of our friends stayed with us overnight after attending his niece's wedding.  That was probably risky but they are all thoughtful and hygenic people so it looks like we dodged any issues..... so far.

I would avoid any kid related exposues including friends and family with young children who are not quarantining and social distancing.

My typo caused confusion "so we need to get tested" not "do we need to get tested".

Sorry,  fat finger typing.