You are here

She's on heroin small update

KC is not the stepmother's picture

DH is going alone to SGS12's birthday. I made his hotel reservation and paid for it, we don't commingle funds.  I also picked up the case of diapers and wipes that SD32 requested. After much thought I also picked up the vodka that she asked for her boyfriend's parents.  She had requested a case but the box at Costco was only six bottles so that will have to do. DH explained to me that the neighboring state they live in doesn't have alcohol sales outside of the state run liquor stores so asking someone to bring alcohol from California isn't a big thing.   

I told DH that I would go with him but he said he'd rather I didn't have to be exposed to it.  

So I made a haircut appt and I'll go to the gym and get a pedicure.   

Harry's picture

case of vodka ??  Playing right into her hand.,  maybe you should get a bag of heroin Also for her friend 

She and her boyfriend are staying with his parents.  I've never met them so I'm guessing that keeping them sober is not my job. Smile

ITB2012's picture

inebriated is also not your job. 

Think about it this way: you are supplying a substance that will a baby at risk (more risk).

beebeel's picture

WTF

Siemprematahari's picture

If you don't mingle your finances with your H why did you purchase everything and make the hotel arrangements? Why didn't your H do ALL this himself?

For the love of everything good why did you purchase Vodka?

Monkeysee's picture

‘Only’ 6 bottles of vodka?? I don’t understand why you bought them a single bottle, let alone 6 of them without getting the money upfront. It might not be your job to keep them sober but you definitely don’t need to be funding their addiction 

I probably didn't express that very well.  The vodka request was from the boyfriend's parents that they are staying with because the state they live in doesn't have retail alcohol sales.  I have never met his parents and I personally wouldn't ask a total stranger to bring me alcohol.  But I don't see that as being the big problem here.  DH is still there, coming home tomorrow, and he did say they paid him for it. 

ITB2012's picture

You know addicts live in that house and it’s a pretty solid bet that they would also drink the vodka. 

Tryingtomakeitwork's picture

Just curious, because your post was unclear.  He should be paying for everything for his family events, not you.  Why are you doing his shopping errands for his family?  You might not be comingling funds, but you certainly are in the sense that it's your time.

If you are posting about it, I am guessing something doesn't "feel" right, and you are correct.  You are not disengaged.

Harry's picture

are you playing games ?   They are all addicts, one is on heroin the other on vodka.  You don’t think SD doesn’t drink also ?  When she can not get the heroin she wants, she turns to vodka, or used both at the same time. And you are spending yout own money to help with this mess