You are here

Husband is sucked back in, oh and she's on heroin

KC is not the stepmother's picture

My husband tells me that he asked his friend's wife to check in on SD32. She has a new(ish) boyfriend and a new baby. I've had no contact since October.  His friend's wife tried to help them get into a mobile home and called husband to confirm she's on drugs, I didn't expect it to be heroin but I expected meth. What a moron. Apparently she's on methadone. 

She and the boyfriend are staying with his parents. They stayed with them a while back but it didn't last because she said they're alcoholics. Ha ha. Pot meet kettle. 

He's going to his grandson's birthday party next weekend and he asked me to go with him. I think that's gonna be a no from me dog. SD32 texted him this afternoon and requested that we bring a case of Costco vodka, and a case of diapers and a case of wipes. I went off on him, hell no. She texted him back and said the vodka is for the boyfriend's parents and she'll pay us for it because Costco where they live doesn't sell alcohol. I don't care, they're less than an hour from the state border, and she's never paid us for anything in her life.  

The heroin thing has me shaken. I don't do drugs and I don't know anyone who does. 

STaround's picture

How awful for the baby.  Forget about whether she would pay for the vodka or not, who would bring a CASE to a group with substance abuses problems. 

She can forget it.  DH mailed a gift for the grandson and I'm not bringing anything. I don't even plan to go.  Of course if I don't go he'll end up paying for everything. 

The no contact started last October when DH called the police for a welfare check.  The police arrested her boyfriend and she told DH "You are dead to me "

tog redux's picture

She's speaking to him now because she wants something?  Just send a toy and skip the party. Your DH should not get attached to that grandkid.

ndc's picture

Look at that . . . now that he can bring cases of vodka, diapers and wipes, he's not dead!

There is NO WAY I would bring a case of vodka to a household of alcoholics and drug users.  No way.  The diapers and wipes I could go along with.

Exactly.  Weeks ago she told DH that she will send me such a heartfelt apology that I will forgive her.  Crickets.  I told DH that I will never forgive her.  Never. 

Exjuliemccoy's picture

LOL! I was supposed to get one of those from YSD...ten years ago. It has never come, and I couldn't care less. At one point she even tried to infer that she HAD sent it, but I must have intercepted the mail and hidden it. Liars lie, druggies manipulate, and fish gotta swim.

Be glad this trash is out of your life, but please call CPS about the gskid. 

Harry's picture

To get what they want.  If you go it’s going to be the poor me crying. I will do better, it’s for the GK.  Then they will sell. What ever you give thrm to buy drugs 

shamds's picture

once they get a little they will push and pressure you more and say you’re good for it, you’re loaded and can afford it and i need food and diapers, next thing they take it for a refund to buy drugs. Meanwhile this poor child is without food, diapers, formula and god forbid an adult so high on drugs he abuses and molests the child.

family or not, cps needs to be called continually till this child is out of harms way. The fact the druggie mum defends her druggie boyfriend over the safety and well-being of her defenseless kid it pathetic and unacceptable 

justmakingthebest's picture

YEP the other posters are right. Your DH wants to give this baby a present- CALL CPS. That would be the best present he could give this child. A shot in life by getting taken from these losers.

He asked me if it would be ok with me if he asked to take SGS14 and SGS12 to live with us.  He won't even walk the dog when it's his turn and can't figure out how the dishes get put into the dishwasher from the sink. So that's a no and I'm the bad guy. 

momjeans's picture

Ugh. No no no no.

Your DH’s guilt will literally bankrupt you two if you don’t put a firm foot down. Thankfully, it looks like you are. Situations like this are a downward spiral. He cannot allow himself to get sucked in. 

Are these SD’s older children? 

Thumper's picture

Your husbands grand child deserves better. Please make "anonymous" call to cps. 

I am not saying you should agree to taking in bm's child---and NO your not a bad guy for saying no. Its a lot especially for Grandparents to raise a Grandchild.

Do the kid a favor report it.

BM can become clean and sober under the thumb of the courts.

PS I wouldnt go either but i also think dropping dh off, running to have coffee or the store for a hour or two ..THEN pick dh up is a good idea.

This is awful for this poor child. """"SORRY""""