You are here

Why would you tell your daughter this?

libra2libra83's picture

SD5 recently told her father that she had a secret that her mother told her not to tell anyone, but that she wanted to talk to her dad about it. I guess that her mother told her she "had a baby growing in her tummy, but that now the baby is dead". If BM was preggers, she would only have been a month to two along. Why would you tell your daughter, who is 5, that you miscarried, if the child was not aware of the pregnancy in the first place?

I could understand if they were discussing something like this if SD was older, but not at 5.

QueenBeau's picture

Well, that seems sad. Hopefully she told SD before the miscarriage & then had to tell her the baby died. Not told her about the baby & the death all at once.

libra2libra83's picture

From what it sounds like, BM told her both news at the same time. BM also told her that her current BF broke BM's heart, and that SD would no longer see BF's daughter, who BM was telling SD that they were now sisters.

hereiam's picture

'Cuz she's a dumb bitch?

My first thought was sympathy. She knew damn well a 5 year old was not going to keep that a secret.

Or she is using a 5 year old as her best friend and emotional outlet, which is not cool. These are the kids who grow up feeling responsible for their BM's happiness, as well as their bad decisions.

She wants her daughter to be as unhappy as she is?

libra2libra83's picture

It does sound like a form of abuse. I feel so sorry for SD. She is completely confused and upset by the news. I am just glad that SD feels she can talk to her father about issues that are upsetting her.

krismk16's picture

I agree, One of my SD's biggest problems was the fact that BM treated her and told her all the time that she was her best friend! Worst thing you can do to a kid is be their buddy and not their parent, IMO.

kathc's picture

Maybe you should have asked the GAL how LYING to the kids that the baby died was being HONEST???

MEL1297's picture

People are so weird...No way a child needs to know this. We learned that BM was trying to conceive with her new husband by posting it on a comment on skids' new years eve facebook profile pic...."Happyyyyy new year's babyyyyy!!!! Hopefully there will be a plus one to our family soooonnnn!!!!xoxoxo" vomit.