You are here

We're Moving!

libra2libra83's picture

We recently found a more affordable place that is closer to SD school. We just put our deposit down, and sent BM a notice by certified mail letting her know of the change of address. BM freaked out, screaming that we didn't give her 30 days notice, and that we were not following the CO. CO says that a written 30 day notice is needed before vacating current premises. We found the new place on Monday the 7th, sent the notice the same day, and we have a move in date for the 18th. We also will not be vacating our current apartment until the 7th of May...hence the 30 day notice. BM keeps screaming that we are not allowed to move until the 7th, and that she will call the police if need be.

Earlier this year, BM gave us a verbal notice that she was moving in with her boyfriend 40 mins away, and wanted all of us to move down there. We declined, and SO told BM that SD would not be switching schools. I have a feeling that she is just making things difficult because we will not let her control us.

We are still planning our move for the 18th, which will be great. I just hope BM leaves everything alone.

simifan's picture

If you are moving so close the kid isn't even changing schools she doesn't have a leg to stand on. Ignore her.

twoviewpoints's picture

Pfft, she's blowing hot air. Call to police? Too funny. Moving is not illegal and the CO is strictly a 'legal' document between BM and SO, it's not against the law...if she wants to enforce the CO she'll have to file a motion for contempt. Technically as you're not vacating totally the house within 30dys of notice, she has both addresses and can readily and easily contact SO a judge will laugh her out of court.

So you're 'moving' the bulk of the household belonging on the 18th. Lots of people take weeks to actually relocate. SD will be in and out of both your homes for a few weeks helping move and cleaning old home up aka SD will have not totally moved before the assigned 30 day notice. If BM thinks the police will immediately arrest SO and/or remove SD from his custody she's delusional. Even if she files contempt, a judge won't do anything but perhaps smack SO's hand and then chuckle to himself. BM has no ground to stand on.

Not the Brady Bunch's picture

She is not your boss and you are moving CLOSER to school, not away. I would not sweat this one.

learningallthetime's picture

LOL. Crazy BM right there. The court will not give a damn. This wording is more about people upping and moving hours away with no notice! The fact you are moving within the neighborhood - the court could not care less. I think the 30 days is more about people saying (custodial in particular) "Hey, moving out of NYC to CA tomorrow, taking kids, see ya!" and giving time to fight a long distance move. If it does not affect schools and visitation, the court will look at her like the crazy she is!! I can only imagine the police reaction - almost worth goading her into it, just for the giggles!

libra2libra83's picture

It doesn't help that BM "the one", who she was planning on moving in with while uprooting everyone in the process, recently "broke BM heart". I always like when she has a boyfriend because she disappears. I guess she will be back to her bitchy ways.

libra2libra83's picture

Pretty much. He told her to take him to court over it, but that he has plenty of documented issues about her that go against the court order.