You are here

you have got to be kidding me!

libra2libra83's picture

SO has been paying child support to BM for years, and the whole time BM has worked a part time job, making barely minimum wage. BM finally got a full time job, that pays her more then I am making. She did the right thing by going to DCSS and telling them that she is making more money, so child support needs to be lowered. Trust me, we were more than shocked at this. SO filled out the court paperwork, sent it in and patiently waited. We just got notice that DCSS can not determine if we should pay less, because BM failed to turn in her income paperwork. :jawdrop:

This isn't the first time she "forgot" her paperwork, or didn't complete a step in the court process, and yet she has never gotten in trouble for contempt. I don't understand how she can get away with not following the rules, and yet if SO failed to complete a step in any of the court process, he would get in so much trouble. In the case of support, they would have based support on what BM thinks he is making. BM fails, and instead of basing it on what SO thinks she makes, they tell him, we can't do anything. Sorry.

The courts really suck.

libra2libra83's picture

We did that the first time. She "forgot" her income paperwork, so they based CS on what she claimed to make. She didn't have to have any proof.

libra2libra83's picture

SO is calling DCSS tomorrow to find out what the next step is. I am at a point where I am willing to pay for a lawyer if it will finally get some justice in this situation. Not to mention we could probably get more custody since BM has been using SD as her emotional support system.