You are here

New to the Group

SarahE1's picture

Hey all! I'm new to the group but here's my story. I have a SS that just turned 18. He does whatever he wants and always has and F doesn't say anything about it. I usually just sit back and didn't say anything until he disrespected me. He's a senior in high school and has a girlfriend, she is 17. So in September, he tells us his girlfriend is pregnant. Her family is pretty much worthless. I tried to help them, giving them advice when they asked for it. Then in October the girlfriend has a miscarriage. The day she miscarried, they came to our house and went to his room. This is another problem I have. Since they started dating in March, they have been disrespectful in our home. They go into his room and shut the door, he changes in his room in front of her, they lie in the bed together, under the covers while we are home and the list goes on. I have made my feelings known on the issue, but nothing changed. Well, when she miscarried, they were in his room and the F and I went to bed. The next day, we figured out that she had stayed all night at our house, w/o us knowing. He just never took her home. This is my house too. My name is on the house. I helped pay for it. I was so angry that they disrespected us in our home like that but the F didn't think it was a big deal. I told F that I'm not stupid, I know what they are doing, but it doesn't need to happen in our house, while we are here. They need to have more respect. I told F that the girlfriend should apologize and if I had done that when I was her age, I would have been ashamed to show my face at our house again. So I told SS that she was not to be at our house everyday and they would start following the rules because I have had my limit. Our house is no longer a safe haven for her and she will not come in here and make herself at home, in my house, that I paid for. So now, I am the evil stepmother again, as I have been for almost 9 years. I'm sick of all the turmoil because all the F cares about is that his son is happy. I just don't know what to do anymore.

LostinSpaceandTime's picture

Set your rules and he can follow them or move out. If he wants to shack up with his GF and start making babies he can provide his own place to do it. Where do you think they were going to live with the baby had she carried it to term? Your house most likely.
Take the door off his room if you have to. Do a nighty bed check. Etc.
Your DH must be as irresponsible as his son to let that go on in his house. And what are the laws in your state about an 18 year old and a 17 year old? Statatory rape issue?

Good luck. Read some of the stories here. Check out the blogs by Just His Wife. You can find them if you put name in the search bar. Her DH had a son that got a girl pregnant. Read back about a year on her blog....crazy stuff.

Meanwhile it is your house too. Who cares if they think you are evil. May as well prove it to them until they get the hell out. That is where kids or skids who are disrespectful belong.