You are here

We have been asked not to come to Christma

headsaregonnaroll's picture

And SD22 excluded me on her dad's invitation to her wedding. The big irony here is that Dad AND I gave her 5000$ We almost did not do so, because she posted on my facebook wall on my birthday that just because I have their last name, I am not family. I decided to follow my promise of money. She has been MUCH too busy to come visit or have dinner out with us but suddenly when DH told her had money give her, poof, there is, awkwardly demanding check. I would have thought that I would be included in the invitation. My DH called to inquire as to why it was written that way and SD said she didn't want people to be uncomfortable since SD mom would be there. She wants bother parents to walk her down the aisle, and while I understand that having steps at events is often awkward. But most folks manage it anyway. The timing on the "I need that check" and the "your family is not invited to Christmas at the lake because SD 17 would throw a fit and DH's siblings don't want to deal with DH or more officially, me. SD17 has well and truly poisoned the well, with her lies about why she had to leave our home (found weed in her room, said she wanted the baby I was carrying to die, attacking my daughter from behind _ it took two grown men to restrain her.).

When the entire family takes up the flag of one child's, and does not reinforce mom and dad's rules, it is clear it will end in disaster.

I would appreciate some tips on how to disengagement, and fresh eyes on the situation would be helpul.

StepKat's picture

I don't think your DH should go to the wedding. You are his wife and this brat has treated you like crap. He needs to make a stand and no go.

Rags's picture

Cancel the check, go to Christmas at the lake without the toxic StepSpawn and you and DH enjoy your lives together. Let the toxic StepSpawn wallow in their own toxic misery. There is no reason to burden yourself or your marriage with the mutants who make up the shallow and polluted end of DH's family gene pool.

It is safe to say that the toxic genes probably came from their BM anyway considering how supportive of his spawn your DH seems to have been during all of this.

Enjoy your time that you and your DH have without the SDs.

Take care of yourselves.

Pilgrim Soul's picture

What an ugly scenario... i am so sorry.

You may want to post this on the adult skids forum to get more responses.

Many of us have adult skids who all seem to come from the same mold.
You are not alone.

boogeymom's picture

I feel like cancelling the check is my favorite response thus far. I say f her, if she's going to be an ungrateful brat, and if the 17-year-old is given so much power that the entire family is suckered by her, cut your losses and move on, they're obviously lost causes.

PolyMom's picture

I wouldn't worry..you may be invited to the second or third wedding, where she herself would become a step-mother, and she's decided to grow up.

DH has said very little. He avoids talking about his family and his daughters, and then they get upset at me because he doesn't contact them much. He has invited the daughters to various things but they always refuse.

Is it ok for me to just stop letting them take up my headspace? Hubby and I have a one year old who has been seen by his half-sisters maybe ten times total. I don't want to participate in their game.

StepKat's picture

Drop them completely out of your head. Fill your thoughts with just you DH and your little one. Don't waste your time or energy on thinking about those brats anymore.

onebanana's picture

I really did not understand this Christmas part. Who's hosting, whose place is it, who's in charge of it all?!

MIL and FIL have a couple of cabins at a lake. We have all stayed there together many times - plenty of room for everyone. We didn't even ask about going this year, yet, before MIL dropped her email bomb that we are not welcome in the family. Her final word to me was "the next email about this should be from my son, whom we love and miss." obliged her, she isn't worth the effort and doesn't understand step family stuff at all
I am not asking for anything but peace - the birthday attack, this weird Christmas letter and all the drama should not happen.

PS MIL had the gall to say "you finally gave SD22 the 5000."