You are here

we found out the culprit to why sd continues to gain wait (supposedly)

nunya1983's picture

I say supposedly, cuz it kinda seems curious to me; here it goes

BM calls dh and tells him that sd has been trading healthy food for candy at school. So bm sends sd with apples yogurt and a sandwich and sd comes home with a gallon size bag of candy...

OK here are my issues with this story:

#1 what kid would bring junk food to school to trade for apples yogurt or a sandwich?

#2 how did sd manage through the day on no food other than a breakfast bar and gain weight If the candy is still in the room?

#3 assuming sd ate some of the candy at school how did she not have a sugar crash before school was over after eating nothing but sugar all day long?

OK another part to this story that she told dh was that they had baked a cake the night before and sd ate 1/3 the 15 minutes it took her husband to get home. My issue with this is why is bm baking cakes when it's #1 nobody's birthday and #2 sd is "trying to lose weight" with absolutely no success?

My last problem with this is... why is bm calling dh about this? Maybe I'm just being unreasonable, but if bm dealt with sd at her home what's the point of bm calling dh? We have already told bm that we are eating healthy here. That we don't have candy at our house. We don't bake cakes for no reason. Our snacks consist of carrots, celery, apples, oranges, and fat free cheese sticks. my thought as to why bm called dh to tell him is that she is trying to get dh to revert into his old ways and be the disciplinarian in our home and her home as well. She wants dh to take over her parenting responsibility so that she can be the "fun one" who bakes cakes for no reason.

nunya1983's picture

Sd was caught actually buying her lunch and taking her lunch at one point... bm kept sending more money to school to "refill" the $ account not even asking sd where the money went, until dh asked why he was getting phone calls from the school regarding lunch account when sd brought her lunch. Then bm wised up. But sd has actually told bm that she was trading her healthy food for the candy now. I guess some kids will trade candy for apples... it just seems weird that if a kid brings candy that they would trade it for apples

nunya1983's picture

I understand wanting an occasional treat. but when your child is struggling with trying to lose weight. Why would you bake a "for no reason" cake? And if you want it, maybe make it, eat what is needed that night, and then take the rest to work.

BTW bm is notorious for being the most unhealthy person around. They eat out at kfc and Chinese restaurant all the time and drink nothing but soda... she's the one to start a diet one week then the next be off of it again. The woman weighs approx 350 pounds.

ChokinOnLemonz's picture

"Fuck YES! Please and Thank You!"

The funniest thing I've seen all. I think I'd have laughed if not so bummed.

Maxwell09's picture

When I was in high school I didn't use my lunch money for lunch in the cafeteria. Schools always sell concessions for one team or the other to raise money so I would buy from there instead. My high also had a bakery kind of thing where people could order floral arrangements with an assortment of cookies. They also sold at lunch to the students (with icees) so some days if I didn't want chips and coke then I'd buy cookies and icee. They also allowed places like smoothie king (unhealthy smoothies for the most part) come sell during break too. I'm not saying BM isn't part of the problem, I just know from experience there are plenty of ways to get unhealthy snacks to graze on all day and most kids chose that instead of waiting in line for bland boring school lunches.

nunya1983's picture

Lol I can see that. That's why I intend on making my kids lunches for school. I try to keep it from being bland. They get fruit, veggies, dairy, and protein in their lunch every day. Occasionally they all to buy their lunch (once every 2 months or so) and I allow it... and I ask them so, what did you have today. What's funny is that my oldest usually days she gets the hamburger and fruit and the lettuce on the side. My youngest gets a salad (she is vegetarian so she won't eat any meat). I wouldn't mind if they went crazy one the rare occasion they bought their lunch. But they make decent decisions because we often talk about nutrition. With heart disease being one of America's top killer (that's where we are from) and that is attributed to obesity and 1/3 of Americans are obese, its important to talk about nutrition often. 1/3 of children and adolescents are obese or overweight here in America

onthefence2's picture

One of my daughter's cheer friends has a strict workout regimen and healthy eating plan for competitive cheer. She was at our house and when I left for an hour or so, she wiped us out of all kinds of junk. We eat healthy but have treats as well. She ate all my daughter's chocolates that were in her candy dish in her room. She practically went on a binge, and I literally started wondering if she was using my daughter for her junk food! Kids will go out of control when they are away from the person/people who severely control their food. So really, if both bio-parents were super strict, she wouldn't be doing much better.

nunya1983's picture

I don't agree that all kids will go out of control if parents are super strict When it comes to junk food. My kids understand the concept of food, the importance of eating healthy. My kids always talk about how they didn't want the cookies their friend's mom offered them. That they wanted to wait until they came home to have a snack, because they'd rather have am apple. Or that when they were at a birthday party they were appalled that their friends went crazy at the candy bar (like a buffet of candy), and weren't surprised that they ended up puking. They didn't like the idea of having a candy bar. They'd much rather would have had a slice of cake And been done with it, because all their friends were going crazy over the candy.

But then again my kids ate the weird ones that go to a slumber party and want to go to sleep about 9:30.... and I end up picking them up because they can't sleep when the other girls are so loud (screaming and barging into the room and jumping on the bed where they are trying to sleep)

nunya1983's picture

I don't agree that all kids will go out of control if parents are super strict When it comes to junk food. My kids understand the concept of food, the importance of eating healthy. My kids always talk about how they didn't want the cookies their friend's mom offered them. That they wanted to wait until they came home to have a snack, because they'd rather have am apple. Or that when they were at a birthday party they were appalled that their friends went crazy at the candy bar (like a buffet of candy), and weren't surprised that they ended up puking. They didn't like the idea of having a candy bar. They'd much rather would have had a slice of cake And been done with it, because all their friends were going crazy over the candy.

But then again my kids ate the weird ones that go to a slumber party and want to go to sleep about 9:30.... and I end up picking them up because they can't sleep when the other girls are so loud (screaming and barging into the room and jumping on the bed where they are trying to sleep)