You are here

Almost choked from laughing...

Aniki-Moderator's picture

Sorry, God, but I thought it was pretty darn funny.

SS15, the human food vacuum, acts like a little martyr any time DH asks him what he wants to eat (we were at a town picnic). SS15 was all "Nothing" and "I'm not hungry", blah blah blah.

I know he wasn't STARVING because he kept going into the kitchen and I could hear things rustling. I didn't know until later that the little snot had snuck into my stash of Ding Dongs and tried to hide the wrappers in the recycling. I always put the recycling in plastic grocery bags to recycle those, too, and found the wrappers. If DH had eaten any, he would have 1) asked first, and 2) put the wrappers in the trash.

I love funnel cakes, so I asked DH to get me one. SS15 has the biggest sweet tooth in the world (Ding Dong snitcher) so he wanted one too. He ate half, claiming there wasn't enough powdered sugar. Seriously?? The things looked like there had been an explosion at the powdered sugar factory! In truth, he was already at Maximum Sugar Consumption because he'd eaten FIVE DING DONGS. Freaking pig.

The kicker was when DH insisted that SS15 get french fries and a barbecue pork sandwich. The piggy ate all the fries and most of the sandwich in 4 bites (this was a BIG sandwich!), stopped to take a drink of pop, and looked at the last teeny, postage stamp-sized piece of sandwich on his plate. The bottom bun was GREEN with mold.

I had to quickly excuse myself to go to the bathroom so as not to laugh out loud.

Is this karmic payback for being a food sneaking pig?

Orange County Ca's picture

OMG, green? Well penicillin in the raw never hurt anyone.

FYI most recycling plants don't want you to bag your recyclables. They want the bag, and the recycles, just not recycle material IN the bag. Reason is they have to manually open and empty the bag to make sure its recyclable material. FYI

Teenage boys eat like horses, they have a lot of muscle and bone to grow but as you know sugar is not the answer. But not your kid right? You need a locked cabinet for your stash. Simple hasp and padlock from hardware store, just a small one, almost toy like, will keep him out as breaking it would be obvious. Buy them, hasp and padlock, and tell hubby to install it, get a combination lock if you don't want a key but kids with nothing but time could spend an hour or two and crack the code.

Aniki-Moderator's picture

Orange, DH said that exact same thing! LOL

What I meant was, I remove the recycling from the plastic bags. Then I put all the plastic bags into another plastic bag. That is how our local grocer wants the bags in their bag recycle bin.

Exactly: not my kid. I only hope that if his teeth fall out, it happens AFTER DH is responsible for the dental bills.

I'll be keeping treats in the bedroom when the skids visit as they are not allowed in our bedroom (that door also has a lock).

over step's picture

My SD14 will eat junk food even if there is food specifically bought for her and easy to make. I refuse to buy junk food when she is going to be here because she'll hog it all and not leave much for anyone else. If I buy myself a treat, it is hidden otherwise she'll help herself to it. There was one time I bought a single serving brownie from the cafeteria at work but was unable to eat it while at work so I brought it home to eat. She took part of it without asking. DH defended her by say "she probably didn't know".

This is my problem with DH. There are more excuses for SD behavior than times she is held accountable. Let's just let her do whatever she wants and turn a blind eye. Then complain that she gets into trouble at school when a teacher or principle holds her accountable and she talks back because she hasn't be taught how to be accountable.

hereiam's picture

Just remember which bottle you do that to, aswang, so you do not drink the laxative yourself. Blum 3

CliffHanger31's picture

Funny how you start with "sorry God". I must admit that I feel a tiny bit guilty for chuckling a little after the green mold kicker.