"Pathetic Lunch"

Gtrgirl2003's picture

Last night BM decides to rage on and on with DH about how money for their son's fundraiser needed to be collected in advance, etc, etc. He asks her to front the money since it's her parenting time and he will pay her back. She says no, she'd rather their son suffer. Yet, she knew the exact day and time the form had to be turned in and doesn't think to tell DH of all the rules. (Fundraiser info was sent out during BM's parenting time). Anyway, she then proceeds to starting complaining about lunch. SS9 is 4'11" and ~76 lbs, BM has decided he is overweight and ridicules DH anytime she sees remnants pertaining to candy, sweets, etc. DH packed SS9's lunch on Monday which consisted of some turkey, not a sandwich, just turkey (SS9 doesn't care for bread too much), some sliced cucumbers, some little pepperoni bits and a small pretzel.

BM literally takes a pic of what she packs for their son: a whole sandwich with turkey and sprouts, diced apples, sliced cucmbers, bag of doritos, bag of cookies, Kool-Aid Jammer sugar drink and a fruit roll-up. She calls the lunch DH packed absolutely pathetic and states she's going to print side x side comparisons because he's neglecting his child.

What 9 yr old can eat all the food she's packed? Look at all the sugar he's given for lunch. I'll give you diet soda is a sticking point for some folks but honestly? She went on and on for 2 hours about this. Perhaps she really is mentally unstable Sad

Orange County Ca's picture

When my ex started raging I didn't hang up on her. I quietly set the phone down and walked away. When I heard that warbling sound of a phone disconnected from the other party and ear piece off the hook I'd walk over and hang it up them. Let her yammer to herself.

positivelyfourthstreet's picture

I couldn't eat that much in one sitting if I'd done hard physical labor all day!

You guys are going to think I'm awful but here goes

My boy will be 18 in a couple of weeks

My daughter is 13.

A lot of times they don't eat breakfast early in the morning like that

I know breakfast is the most important meal and all but I was the same way when I was younger. I just couldn't stand to eat that early in the morning.

When I was a teen I'd suck down some coffee if I had time and hop on the bus.

IF they are hungry I'm more than glad to scramble some eggs heat up leftovers from dinner or fix a grilled cheese sandwich for them.

As for lunch- oh boy. They HATE school lunch. They hate home lunch unless they have access to a microwave. The boy used to take leftovers and nuke them when he had access to a microwave. The last few years he didn't have that anymore and would go to the taco truck or get a giant cuppa joe. I try to get my daughter to eat breakfast but she just isn't that hungry in the mornings a lot.

Both of them would rather not eat the swill at school and just wait until they get home and have real food.

They know what good food is supposed to taste like.

When I was in school they had real food. Lasagne , chicken, pizza, tacos with salads and veggies mashed potatoes and gravy veg beef soup peanut butter cale made on the premises by little old ladies wearing hair nets.

^peanut butter cake please excuse

Just bad bad food now. Poor kids

Rags's picture

Why would DH give the harpy XW/BM that much of his ear time?

DH: "What do you want?"

BM: "Lunch, neglectful, blah, blah, blah.........."

DH: Firmly interrupting - "Stop wasting air. Call me when you have something of even remote intelligence to say. Buh-bye! Click..................."

Or even better, what OCC suggested. Put the phone down and walk away while BM yammers to herself.

The beauty of divorce papers or a custody agreement is not having to tolerate or interface with a toxic X except on the terms you choose, when you choose, to address what you choose. DH needs to drive the agenda with the BM and ignore stupid shit that does not fit his agenda. As long as he is compliant to the CO.

IMHO of course.

Good luck.

Jsmom's picture

Stop taking these calls. As for lunch, buy hot lunch and avoid this conversation. I have a SS16 that is on the small side and he can not handle more than two of those small donuts for breakfast or a small go-gurt or he gets an upset stomach. We push veggies at dinner and let him buy his lunch, but honestly at this age, they are fine as long as they get a good dinner and drink milk. I make a lot of snacks, like brownies and cookies so there is always something here. I am desperate for him to gain some weight.

At 4'11 and 75 pounds, he is on the small side, but the amount of sugar she is giving him, is insane. It is all processed.