You are here

Venting....won't be pretty...

NoNameThx's picture

I'm overwhelmed and fed up and this will be the ugliest vent I'll ever do.

I'm just going to say it--I'm sick of SD11. I am really starting to get to where I CANNOT STAND HER and don't want her around. She is driving me f-ing crazy.

She acts like she's my equal and acts possessive with DADDDDDY and he enables it. I shouldn't feel like I'm competing with a damn 11 year old CHILD.

She does stupid immature crap...like faking an injury and CRYING TO DADDDDYY because I "didn't care that she was hurt"...when the "hurt" was either completely fabricated, or was just a light scratch, or she tripped but wasn't hurt. No lie!! She just did it again--she was harrassing the cat, so the cat scratched her. Just a minor scratch. No, I didn't pity her. I told her to leave the damn cat alone. She's acting like she needs stitches--the cut did't even bleed!!

She argues CONSTANTLY and acts like she knows EVERYTHING and YELLS at me when DADDDDDY isn't here, like when he's at work.

I'm just sick of her--the sooner the grows up and moves out the better--I'm so done with this manipulating little spoiled BRAT!!!!!!!!!!!

PolyMom's picture

11 is not a fun age. I just had this fight with DH the other day. SS11 has figured out how to manipulate, and it's more than irritating. DH told me he thinks I have a problem with his son, I told him it's not your son, it's how you handle your son. After a calmer conversation, we both came to the conclusion that SS11, the oldest is the most spoiled, and the least deserving of our 4 kids. So, yeah, it's irritating, but more importantly, it's going to bite him in the ass when he goes through life on a quid pro quo with everything. He'll never have functional friendships, and he'll be a useless slug around the house if it continues. DH still needs help remembering how to parent...and when I say parent, I mean kick some 11 year old a$$!! Honey, it's not horrible what you're saying and feeling, it's totally normal, and quite healthy that you vent it here rather than at your step-daughter.

Cheers!

NoNameThx's picture

I'm just so sick of her!!!!!!! I called her dad because she was just getting out of control...his response? He told me to cuddle with her on the couch to calm her down. HELL NO. She can grow the heck up and stop manipulating, lying, and being a total butthole. I will not coddle her for her b.s.!!!

PolyMom's picture

I went through this one with SS8 as well...DH LOVED the idea of me spending quality bonding time alone because things were so tense. What I explained was I can't be in the nurturing position when I'm constantly on defense with the kid, cuz he'll only learn that treating me badly will get him a good spoiling. Nope. Didn't do it. Waited for things to calm down between us, get to a neutral point, and then took him somewhere fun. Has been smooth sailing with SS8 ever since. SS11 doesn't have any issue with me, we get along just fine, it's just I can't stand the way his dad let's him do things that I would NEVER allow my kids to do (and neither would he for that matter)

onthefence2's picture

Omg I can only imagine... My bf's son is similarly annoying, especially his thinking he is equal or even above his father. I get annoyed after a couple of hours, I can't imagine going longer than that in his presence! The worst part about having to deal with other people's kids is that they are following someone else's guidance and rules. Having your own kids is SO much easier because you have the authority to shut down their nonsense. Although, right now I'm dealing with my exh teaching my kids things that are WRONG. Men are idiots and shouldn't be allowed around kids LOL