You are here

Tired of how this women treats animals

discfocused's picture

I am a big animal person and I have 3 dogs and 3 cats. My fskids are always supervised with any of the animals because they have no idea how to act appropriately with them. FDH says at their mom they pick up the cat upside down, his daughter would shove the cat where ever she wanted like the oven of her kitchen play set and the kids always have scratches all over them because the animals try to get away from them. They know they are not allowed to touch my cats AT ALL. That came in very handy after bm tried to call in a fake abuse report saying my cat attacked her and scratched her in the face. She had come the previous weekend with t he scratch on her face and said the cat at her moms did it. Then we got a call from family services about it and I informed them that not only are the kids not allowed to touch my cats, but my cats are declawed and invited her to come to see for herself. She informed me that wasnt necessary because when she interviewed fsd, she admitted it was her moms cat that scratched her and she had even been to bm's house on several different occasions and saw how out of control the kids are and how they treat the animals (bm has been investigated several times).
Well, in the past 4 years she has gotten 6 dogs, 3 cats, and 4 rabbits and always found a reason to get rid of them. Now they just got ANOTHER new puppy after getting rid of the last dog not even 2 weeks ago saying it was just too much to take care of. It really irritates me because it teaches kids that animals or just like toys; something you get rid of when you are tired of it. FSS9 came to me saying then got another puppy and I couldn't help my annoyance and said "thats nice, another animal she can get rid of in the next few months". FSD6 goes" yeah, she does not keep anything". But fss is not the brightest crayon in the box and believes her when she says she wont get rid of any more of their animals even though she has said that on the last 4 dogs.
I feel so sorry for the animals that bm gets and I know one of these days one of the kids is really going to get hurt from the way they get in dogs faces and mess with them.

herewegoagain's picture

I'm so with you. Wow, I don't think I could keep my mouth shut. Geez. I would ensure that I made my point of view known to those kids. I would make sure they knew that people who do such things are really pathetic and shitty human beings.

By the way, we have a friend whom we adore, but who has done this at least 2 times that we know about. She is single, gets a cat...finds some ahole, marries him within a few months. Guy doesn't like cats, she gets rid of the cat. A couple of years later, she's divorced. Gets a dog. Finds another ahole who doesn't want dogs, she gets rid of him. Sigh. It makes me sick to my stomach.

Actually, last time she got rid of the dog, she called us because she knows how we are. She asked us if "we could keep her dog for a while because she had to get another apt and they did not allow dogs..." It smelled fishy to me. Of course, we said, "sure, no problem...but for how long?" She then said, "maybe 6 mos, not sure"...we said, "nope. We can help you a month or so, but not 6 months...because at 6months, we'll keep the dog. It's not fair to the dog to be taken away from what he knows for 6 months, a year, etc...and then send him back. Not fair." At that point we kind of thought that "maybe she had found some guy". Sure as SHIT she had, that's why she was getting "rid of the dog, so she could move in with the guy." We were disgusted...she instead found some other friend to help her out. I think she knew we were going to tell her that it was WRONG to do such a thing.

I have no tolerance for people like that. We had a dog...she died last year at age 16...When our son was born, my mom told us to get rid of the dog, we said "NO." When my son was diagnosed with allergies, she harrassed us to get rid of the dog, we said NO. We instead ensured that the dog did not go into the kid's room, put tile in our home, etc...we read and made accomodations. It was the best friend and the most wonderful thing that could have ever happened to our autistic son. Actually, quite a few studies now being done on how good having a dog is for kids with autism. When she got old, people told us the same, we said "no". We spent every penny we could to help her. Anyone who does not, is really, a pathetic human being.

discfocused's picture

I try not to pay too much attention to it because its just another reason to hate her, but if your going to have animals show some respect for them. I have a friend who comes over a lot too. Her 4 year old daughter is one of the worst kids EVER. She is mean, screams, rude, you name it, she is it. I used to live with her and her daughter will climb all over the dogs, yank on their ears, bite them and pinch them and if the dog so much even let out a little growl she would pop the dog in face face and tell them to be nice. Now she just got another new puppy and it a mastiff mix and she now has another kid (1 year old boy) and between him and her daughter this puppy does everything trying to get away from the kids. That dog is going to be over 100 lbs when it is full grown and one of these days its going to take the face off one of their kids.... and of course it'll be the dogs fault and it'll be put down.

janeyc's picture

That disgusts me, so when the dog grows up a bit and is no longer a fluffy toy they get rid of it and get another puppy! Animals are a great addition to a childs life, teaching them to be reponsible, gentle and respectful, BM sounds like a walking nightmare, the idiocy of some people drives me crazy, have you reported her to animal welfare yet?