You are here

SS14 hacked my computer

newmommy05's picture

SS who is not supposed to be on the internet unsupervised because he was posting inappropriate things online. I took the wifi password off his phone but he still played on it for the downloaded games and music. I was fine with that. This morning I found out he hacked the wifi router and found our password. This is our password for everything. I am beyond furious. Help us to determine the correct punishment. Obviously his phone and all electronics were taken away for the time being. We feel a total I bastion of privacy. Now I have to spend 2 hrs changing passwords to everything I have. 

SonOfABrisketMaker's picture

use the same password for everything. Basic rule of internet safety. 

If a 14 year old hacked it, some jackwad in a Toyota Tercel could sit outside your house and do the same. How did you find out he did it?

STaround's picture

He may have gone to physical router and put hard wire i to connect to get access

Wrong Way Diva's picture

Yikes, that sucks but look at it this way, if he can hack in, so could someone else.   Change all your passwords to hard ones:  Khsjd234KJ*^%   and that kind of stuff.   It's a pain to do it and remember them but I wouldn't take any chances--he could hit your bank account or credit cards.  You may want to freeze your credit for a bit too.   There is a free app for iphones that keeps pw's secure--I can't think of it at the moment, but check the app store.

still learning's picture

There may be some parental controls that you can tap into. Our internet provider has an app I can download to turn the wifi on and off. Call your provider and ask for suggestions on how to deal with your savvy 14 yr old.