You are here

Great. She hacked my facebook page.

mom2five's picture

I swear this women does not have enough to do. I just found out that my husband's ex-wife has "guessed" my facebook password. Really, it's not a hard one to guess. How did I find out, you ask? My stepdaughter was logged on to facebook last night. "I" (actually her mother) started a chat with her forgetting that she was logged on as me. When her mother figured it out, she told my stepdaughter to hold on while she logged out as me and logged back in as herself. I was working on the other computer. Of course, my poor stepdaughter was totally confused.

*sigh. There is absolutely nothing at all on my page that I have a problem with her seeing. I've said before, I don't engage in facebook drama. I'm a grown up. The only thing on my page is a bunch of boring status updates. And family pictures. Honestly, if she had sent me a friend request, I would have probably friended her.

I likely have the most boring facebook page in history. It doesn't bother me that she can view it. Hell, she has the kids' usernames and passwords. She could view everything on my page by simply logging on as them. Why on earth would she need my username and password? It bugs me a little that she gained access to all my friends information. I guess I see that as a privacy issue for them.

So I changed my password. What on earth would make her hack into my account?

iwishyouwould's picture

Nosiness, jeaoulousy, vengefulness, boredom... probably more along the lines of nosiness.

mom2five's picture

I probably should have. A few years ago I definitely would have. But I don't think she had time to do too much damage. I changed all my on-line passwords just to be safe.

It's more of an annoyance than anything else.

stormabruin's picture

I wonder if there would be a way to interject in their IM's...you know...where it'd combine into theirs while they were typing? That way, BM would know you knew.

skylarksms's picture

It would be funny to have a fake FB page where you deliberately tell lies that you know the BM is going to see,

"DH and I are SO EXHAUSTED from all the lovemaking we did on the beach in Jamaica! Good thing we swore the skids to secrecy so BM doesn't find out that I got a new job making three times what I WAS making and DH got to quit his so no more CS getting taken out of our money!! Now he is working a cash under the table job and we have money coming out of our ears!!!" or something along that line!! }:)

DaizyDuke's picture

I agree with skylarksms! I would have left my password and everything the same and let the fun begin..... I LOVE playing with lurkers!

mom2five's picture

She is always looking to cause drama. Luckily, she is rarely successful these days.

purpledaisies's picture

I agree she just wants to know what is going on in your lives b/c she feels you have a better life, whatever. I know my bm does feel that we have a better life and she deserves to have a better one than us. My bm isn;t smart enough to guess my password she hate computers. She just grills the kids for info about us.

mom2five's picture

He was home when all this was going on. It took a while to figure out what she was doing. My stepdaughter kept looking at me trying to figure out how I was sending her the messages.

Couldawouldashoulda's picture

What I love about this most is that SD really knows how difficult/vengeful/vindictive BM is. Couldn't have happened better if you planned it!

mom2five's picture

Sadly, she kind of already knows. All we can tell the kids is that we love people even when they behave in ways we don't agree with.

Awww dang that's the 2nd time somebody got me on that one. I live in Alaska and it rhymed with ex's. Guess I'll hafta change it, lol

Mom2Five: I thought about her hacking you alot last night, and felt so bad for your invasion of privacy. That got me thinking that since you caught her red handed, maybe you should follow up w/a DH e-mail just so it's documented in case you need it later? Not sure what your situation is, but it has been incredibly helpful for us in the past? Then I print it out regardless of how she responds and file it under "Mange".

Elanas's picture

My boyfriend's Ex-wife did the same to me. Sad She also hacked my email account and planted some nasty emails and personal messages on my account. I love how these women are supposed to be adults but act like teenaged drama queens. It just hurts me to know that somebody hates me so unconditionally without any true or valid reason.

I ended up deleting both accounts and putting my stuff on lock down.

feelinglozt's picture

Bm did this to me too! How I found out is that I have a few albums marked just for me to view and she called me questioning one of the albums and where this place was that me and my friends were at. Um, that album was blocked so that it was only viewable to me AND she's not on my FB AND we do not have any mutual friends......BUSTED!

I've gotten many emails from FB and Ebay in the past where the notifications are sent when someone tries to access your account multiple times with no success.

It's all jealousy and nosiness!