You are here

Help advice needed about Lame BM lol

redblanket44's picture

Ok I won't go into a lot of detail about history I just need advice.

I am a step mom and bio mom. My husband is ordered to provide health insurance for his son and ordered to send his sons mother all the health insurance info yearly. So we've done this every year but now his sons mom is saying she's never had the insurance cards and we need to send her new ones and that she's never got the details about the insurance and now she's demanding it. So we always send it and write her an email and let her know it's in the mail and to let us know if she doesn't get it or if she needs anything else.
We have no problem sending it again because we're pretty sure she lost it cause she's very unorganized. But she brought up issues about my husband by giving her the info in court and he always has.
Should we be sending the mail certified so we get a receipt back? So then we know she got it? Or should we just deal w it and have to resend everything every time he has a dr or dentist appt lol
I guess she will still probably lose it even if it's sent certified....but then she won't be able to lie in court if we ever have to go again?

notsobad's picture

Yes, send it certified so that you have a record that she got it.
If she loses it, you can resend it but at least you can prove that she got it the first time.

notsurehowtodeal's picture

Here is what you need to do:

Send the letter via "Certified Mail Restricted Delivery." The only way the letter will be delivered is if BM signs for it. No one else at the residence can sign - it has to be her.

Combine the Certified Mail with a "Return Receipt." You will get a copy of the form she signed to get the letter. The Post Office also keeps the signature for 2 years.

You can make copies for BM or the court if you need to.

Indigo's picture

In my experience emails and text messages count in court.

Why not just text the insurance carrier and ID# ... It doesn't really matter how many times your DH tells her. It's a simple fix. (Less than 2 minutes) Perhaps ask her to cut/paste to a sticky note on her phone.

DH can cut/paste it himself and send it via text monthly if it cuts down on drama and helps the kids get healthcare.

redblanket44's picture

Thanks for the advice everyone. Our main form of communication with BM is through email because she is high conflict.
We do scan and email her copies of the insurance cards every year and we tell her if she needs new cards (like the actual card) to tell us cause the insurance doesn't send us new ones unless we change the plan but we haven't in 3 years.
This year we just mailed the big packet of insurance information so we didn't have to scan 20 pages. That was in January. We let her know if was coming and to let us know if she didn't get it. But we've emailed her copies of the cards many times usually it's right before an appt cause she lost it or didn't take it lol. We have no problem requesting cards all she had to do was ask
When we asked her recently about not keeping track of what we sent her she told us her mom put it in a box and she can't find it. She then said she never got it. So we sent her new cards and asked if she needed anything else. She then freaks out cause she doesn't have all the information about what the insurance covers and says she wants a booklet of all the providers.
It seems like when we call her out on losing stuff she gets defensive and then fires back.
My main concern is that in court 4 years ago she made such a big deal that it was a constant fight with my husband to get any insurance info from him. She really tries to make him look bad. I just want to protect ourselves so if we ever have to go to court again she can't say anything.

AmIWicked's picture

This is why the courts had Dh and BM go to OFW.

Everything is uploaded to the website. She can print off her own copies of whatever.
The actual offices only ever need the numbers and a photocopy. Once it's on file at one place you are good unless she changes places