You are here

Do you think H SHOULD try and contact SD or let it be?

fadedbackground's picture

I know I've been happily saying how much I am glad not to have to worry about SD 22 visiting us anymore after her lastest meltdown with H last December the day before our vacation with her. There has been no communication between either of them for 9 months now. Usually H gives in and tries texting or calling her but not this time. He said it was going to be up to her to contact him when she can be an adult and talk about things without screaming at him or running and crying into the other room calling BM complaining that H doesn't understand her and her anxiety about why she can't, well, do pretty much anything like go to school, get a decent job, have friends and how she hates him, he's not her father, blah, blah, blah. Even though a few hours earlier she said she loved him and how she was thinking of coming up to visit for a while or maybe even moving here. Her mood swings are drastic and make no sense. How can she tell him she loves him and plans on coming up for his birthday the next month and then a few hours later when he starts trying to get into personal topics with her to get her to get motivated to do something with her life she then hates him and wants nothing more to do with him and storms out the door at 1AM vowing to never contact him again?

I mean the longer this goes on, the less likely there will be a good outcome. I'm pretty sure she won't contact him unless there's an act of god, like BM dying suddenly and then SD will need financial help or advice from H. At this point H has no plans of contacting her because he thinks she's just going to scream at him and hangup (or most likely not even answer the phone) for asking any personal question and why bother. 

Do you think there will ever be a solution to this?

JRI's picture

At the very latest, you will hear from SD when she has her first child.  Babysitting city. 

fadedbackground's picture

Her birthday is next month. Or what she will do a lot of times if they haven't spoken for a while (this was when they were on good terms, just didn't talk much) is she'll always make sure to let him know what she wants for her birthday, which I always hated because she was barely in our lives then but he'd spare no expense on getting her a $300 present while she NEVER got him anything for Christmas or his birthday.

Thing is, when things were good between them he would always criticize me for what I thought of her because I could see through her lies and bs and he would say "she's a good kid, she's just had a rough life and you need to cut her some slack and try and bond with her" to which I would just roll my eyes. However, when she had these meltdowns or wasn't being that nice to him then he was all on my side saying "She is so full of bs and she's never been nice to you. I can't deal with her lying and her do-nothing attitude".

Funny how that changes depending on how she treats him!

tog redux's picture

Your SD has been gone 9 months and you are still making blogs about her - it's YOU that needs to step back and let go of your focus on her.  Let DH sort out his relationship with his daughter and get on with the life you said you wanted - one without SD in it.

hereiam's picture

Mapper, I think YOU should let it be.

She's out of your life, at least for awhile, now, and you are still obsessing about her.

Let.it.go. Find a hobby or something.