You are here

Contempt in Family Court

HS752's picture
Forums: 

I feel like my BF getting his hopes up for the numerous times his ex has been in contempt that something will be done about her behavior is a waste of energy.  Does anyone have any positive stories about family court really do anything about contempt?  My BF's life (and by proxy my life) has been hell since his ex took him back to court over custody (she wants full custody and suspended placement with BF).  He has a great attorney and the GAL seems to be competent, but I am skeptical af that anything will be done about the blatant disrespect this woman has for the court orders.  You would think she would be on her best co-parenting behavior - but nope!  These past four months have been WILD! BF daughter checks all the boxes for emotional and phycological abuse (and PAS) from BM, yet his daughter's therapist seems clueless and has constantly pointed the finger at my BF for the spiraling decline of his daughter's mental health issues.  I'm so frustrated!

I'm just venting....I need positive stories....or a reality check....

TrueNorth77's picture

But we are in the exact same boat. DH recently filed for COC against Crazy (BM). And guess what she did? Filed COC against him (he hasn't even done anything wrong!!) AND filed for a Child support review. Because of that, the judge appointed a GAL, and DH's very valid, well-documented COC filing that didn't require a GAL seems to have gone by the wayside because Crazy filed a non-valid, sloppy COC with false accusations, and now a GAL is involved. Even after DH filed for COC, Crazy continued with the exact actions that violated the CO! It's infuriating, and no one is asking for more custody, so what's the point of a GAL? This has been ongoing for 7+ years. 

I'm sure that didn't help. lol. Hoping someone else has a positive story! Everyone has told me to expect nothing, unfortunately.

Stressed19's picture

Having a GAL is a good thing. He is there to make sure the child is the priority. He is there to make sure the child's best interest are priority for all involved.

Cover1W's picture

The GAL assigned to DH's situation during his divorce from BM was NOT helpful at all - incredibly biased towards the mother. I read a lot of her determinations and it was so, so obvious that she was trying to get custody mostly for BM. Example:  BM dropped SDs off at DH's place, during the winter with no coats, but only blamed DH for not having winter coats - not BOTH of them. (when I met them at 7 & 9, the SDs still did not have winter coats!  I bought them for them because it was freezing. I also bought them shoes, socks, underwear, rain boots, etc. NEITHER parent did it - of course I stepped way back from this eventually...LOL).

Rags's picture

from a Judge.

In our CO and court history, the Judge(s) did chew the Spermidiot out in court and did agree to hear motions to include the SpermGrandParent's income for CS calculation. Though after hearing that motion, the Judge declined to include their income. The time between the motion being accepted for consideration and the Judge declining were blissful as the SpermClan lost their F-in minds.

Diablo

The first hearing, just before issueing the ruling, the Judge spent a solid15mins disecting the Spermidiot in front of the galery which included the SpermGrandParents.  We won, and the day was capped with a nice ass chewing of the Dipshitiot by the Judge.

Not substative to a Contempt motion,  but.... sometimes the toxic do get some of what is coming to them.

Stressed19's picture

What can I do if other party ignores multiple court orders? Completely disregards the judge's orders and refuses to answer me when I ask her about it.?