You are here

UPDATE: Exactly 1 year since SD23 and DH have interacted!

fadedbackground's picture

It is exactly 1 year ago today that SD had her screaming fit with H and left in the middle of the night after only being here for about 12 hours before we were to leave on vacation with her. I didn't hear a thing because I was in bed with my headphones on to drown out the noise of them playing video games and when he came to bed at 2AM telling me she had just left, I found it hard to not show how happy it made me knowing that she wouldn't be coming on this trip with us. Of course I wasn't happy when we had less than 12 hours to cancel her plane ticket and her Disney package, but we did get both refunded to us. A trip that had been 8 months in the making where it was just going to be us but then DH got this bright idea that SD should come along to meet her family that she's never met. I was dreading it for 8 months knowing it would be a train wreck and how they'd be arguing within 24 hours. A full week with SD where she would be in the same hotel room as us. I had even told DH that I don't know that she would enjoy it and he kept telling me how she'd love it and she could party with her cousins and how he'd keep things light with her. Well that went out the window the day she showed up here when he started bringing up how she needs to leave her bouyfriend because he's a loser and even she had called DH several times telling him she was unhappy with him, but totally defended him when DH brought it up. How she needed to go back to school or join the army. Yeah right, join the army!

I could not be more content today knowing that there is no chance of her coming up here. her birthday went by without any acknowledgement from DH and now Christmas will go by without her. DH rarely speaks of her, and when he does, he tells me how she needs to grow up and go to school and get a real job. I'm sure she won't ever be contacting him unless her mother dies and she needs money.

tog redux's picture

Honestly, I'm glad I don't have to see much of my SS20. But I'd never be happy if DH had no relationship with him, just because it made my life easier. 

Harry's picture

She show her true feelings.   She should not be allowed to come with out a apology.  A reall aplolgy not a sorry.  Until then disengage from her. As no coming over, no gifts, ect 

You missed a bad vacation,  Thant goodness.  She most likely will never change. Just gives her more ammunition to show you as a bad SP and parent 

Miss T's picture

... of SS28 and DH knows he's not an acceptable topic of conversation around here. But DH has been having a tough time lately. I feel  bad for him, and I'd hate to see him on the outs with the skid. YMMV.

fadedbackground's picture

DH tells me the other day "I'm thinking about having one of my great nieces or nephews be my heir becasue SD would probably spend the money on heroin for all I know". Ooookay. You are going to have your 12, 15 and 17 year old great niece and nephews who you never met until last year, and even then only spent about 1 1/2 hours with them, be your heirs? For some reason he seems to think he needs to take care of these kids when he hadn't even seen his niece for 25 years until last year as well. But becasue she's single he thinks he needs to be the father figure I guess.n He holds these kids in such high regard and knows so little about them, but doesn't seem to want to get to know his own daughter.