You are here

DH would be "very upset"....whatever.

EvilWickedSM's picture

My DH is generally a GREAT guy. He occasionally, like now, acts like an asshat, however.

Right now, I would like to strangle him. He informed me last night that BM is planning on having a 16th birthday party for SD, and we are, of course, invited. I told him that I didn’t want to go. I also told him that I didn’t see any reason for him to go, as he could have his own party for her with our side of the family. He said “But I don’t want to have a party”. (I’m sure this is because I have disengaged and will not be planning any more parties for SD, and he doesn’t want to be bothered with the work). I said fine, then you go to her party at BMs, ut I will not be there. He then told me he would be “very upset” if I don’t go. REALLY DH…REALLY! Guess what, I’m “very upset” that you are going on your annual guys weekend on Easter friggin’ weekend, but that doesn’t matter to you. I was “very upset” that you conveniently forgot plans we had last year on Father’s Day weekend and instead took SD on a special weekend because you felt like a guilty dad thanks to SD and BM pulling your strings. Fuck you!!

I will not, under any circumstances, be at SDs birthday party. I cannot stand the thought of being at BMs house, watching everyone fawn over the spoiled princess. I cannot stand the thought that DH is giving SD his “old” vehicle. Yes, it is paid for, and yes he has another vehicle, but his $ is tight right now because he hasn’t worked since November (he retired) and his new job doesn’t start until February. At least make her pay something for it for God's sake!! Guess what, EvilWicked won’t be assisting him with any of his bills because he is more concerned about giving the entitled brat what she wants, and is more concerned about going away for guys weekend, than he is making sure he’s got some extra $.

Patsy's picture

HA HA when my husband fell for the 16th birthday party he got a bill in the mail from BM for his 1/2! I laughed so hard I cried. His band played at the hall that was his gift to SD and BM sends him a bill for paper plates, party decoration, and hall rental...LOL! He didn't pay for it, but just that BM sent him the bill made me loose it because I warned him. You go to that party BM will ask you for half. He said there was no agreement to that and the BM wouldn't do that. SD is the one who asked him to play and BM and DH agreed to that nothing more. He went and played - nothing more and got a big fat bill :jawdrop: Smile Smile Smile

Patsy's picture

My poor Dh always looks for the good in people. I love that about him, but I learned a long time ago to stop wasting my time looking for the good in BM, there probably is, but it would just take too damn long to find!

EvilWickedSM's picture

Ahhh, gotta love some of these BMs...and the DH's that give them the benefit of the doubt no matter how many times they prove that they can't be trusted.

Patsy's picture

Turn it back to him and say I would be very upset with you if you went there knowing I will not! I should have done this with my DH, but really is was too funny to give him the bill BM sent. BM was the one who made him regret going not me. She made my job so much easier.

EvilWickedSM's picture

Now, that is a good idea!!! I wouldn't have thought of that. I think I am going to do that. Thanks!!

thinkthrice's picture

"The BM wouldn't do THAT!" -famous last words of spineless biodad '

Think we've all heard that old chestnut!!