You are here

cough cough cough

doglover1's picture

ya sd8 coughed and coughed when i got home tonight. Dh runs out and gets a bunch of cough remedy things and while he is gone, SD coughs no more. As soon as he walks in the cough begins again. Anything to get attention. Freaks me out! I work all the time..and am rarely home but to take a shower and go to bed. DH and her have the entire time 4 hours after school to hang out and be together. When i get there.....she is on him like flys on shit. I cant take it. I barely talk to him because I cant take it. the past couple of weeks have been like this. it seems to be getting worse. I feel like moving out sometimes.........im in the way!!!!!!!!!!!!

strawberrygirl's picture

DO they really spend time together when they can, or are they just doing their own things?

SAD's picture

Does your DH know how you feel? I would explain to your DH that you feel like a third wheel when you come home. Explain to him you are tired and have been working and would like to enjoy some one on one time with him. As a couple you need to have time together. It also allows you SD to see a healthy relationship.

doglover1's picture

what they do when im not there. I know that they work on homework together. I have talked to DH about this, a little. It just seemed to be getting worse lately. Now that we have her 24/7 I though since they have every day together this would not be a problem. Before when we had her 4 days on 4 off...it didnt bother me cus I knew they needed their time together PLUS I knew that in 4 days we (DH and I) would have our time together. Sad

doglover1's picture

I know that If I were to put up with half of what you have to, I think I would have to check out of the situation. The littlest things that Sd does to seek attention really get to me. SOme nites i just dont even look forward to going home. Its not that i dont love my Dh, I do..and SD is really not a bad kid..but I can see whats going on with the manipulation here. DH does not...and never really will. I think alot of parents want to see their children as good people and its difficult to see the bad. Especially children of divorce...sd's mom is a total piece of crap. I couldnt imagine having a mom that didnt care about me.

But lately I hear this really cocky voice of hers when she addresses her father, it makes me ill. If I spoke to my father in that tone and in that way when i was her age.....believe me I'd have a sore butt and be in my room for quite some time!