You are here

i dont wanna go home today

doglover1's picture

I havent been on here in months. Mostly things have been ok. Today Im just in need of a break from skids. I have 2 step kids 14 and 9. SS14 is no problem. SD9 is mostly ok...but at times whinning. This week at work has been super stressful and I just need a break. MY H and i have full custody of both and only get a break with Bm feels the need to see skids. I never really know when Im gonna have skid free time.
MY H and I also own a small business and work together. We got into an agruement today about stupid crap and I just want to scream! ANyway Im sitting here in my office doing nothing. I could go home, but i really dont want to. I hate when Im like this. Just needed to vent that.

NaturallyMom's picture

I am in the same boat as you Dog Lover1 and DPWannabe hit the nail on the head.
Thats what I do. I go get a haircut or a manicure and tell work I have a mental health appointment.
Sometimes, free time is the best therapy.

"Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves." ~ Abraham Lincoln

doglover1's picture

thanks for your response...I thought about getting together with a friend, but everyone has plans that i contacted. IM just gonna take the lonnngg way home, and then break out a glass of wine and tune everyone out.

Denial's picture

Too bad you're not in Michigan - I am in the same boat. It's Friday - I could have left 3 hours ago - I'm catching up on "piddly" stuff just because most everyone else has already left for the day - and I need alone time (me time more or less).

Everyone already has plans and I'm not really in the mood to go sit at a bar by myself having a drink.

Shell97's picture

I kind of know how you feel. Though I don't work, I'm a SAHM, I could really use a break. On Wednesday DH & I thought that we were going to have a kid free night tonight and SD15 texted me this morning on her way to school and said "I don't think I'm going to so & so's house tonight". I was like damn, so much for DH & I time alone with no kids. Maybe next weekend. Sad

Denial's picture

Shell97 - what do you mean, "I don't work, I'm a SAHM" - you probably work harder than I do!!!!!

Don't sell what you do short. Stay at home mom's, in my opinion have the roughest jobs!!!

Shell97's picture

Well, according to some SAHMs have it easy. But yes I do work very hard to keep my family happy....I always tell my DH that I would trade him places any day, just to get a break. But I honestly don't think DH could handle it. LOL

DH & I did get a break from the kids last night after all. BS11 went to an over night birthday party and SD15 changed her mind until she got home from school and did go spend the night at a friends house. DH & I had some peace and quiet for a change. We were gonna go out, but decided to stay home and watch movies. WE had a great even, wish we could do that more often.

stepof 1nitemare's picture

If it is any conolsation, I don't wanna be at home at all this weekend cause SD8 is making her EOW tour of destruction this weekend... I would go have a drink with you if we lived near each other, lol

Raising kids is part joy and part guerilla warfare... Ed Asner

misfit's picture

Ah just the title of your post makes me sad. I know the feeling and I'm sorry you're in a bummed state right now.

It's really hard to have to go into one storm after you're left another. Just remember this feeling is right now, not forever, and change will come. With it, hopefully, some peace Smile

Hang in there!

sadstepmom26's picture

I've been trying to stay away from this one all day because it strikes too close to home. We too have full custody. The kids wont leave again until spring break. They arent much trouble either outside of what I assume is normal kid stuff like forgetting homework, spilling red juice on my tan carpet, leaving paper cups everywhere, clinging, nonstop talking. Anyway, I just dont wanna go home. I didnt want to go yesterday so I went shopping. I dont have more money to go shopping today. So I will likely be taking the long way home too Sad