You are here

can we please forget skids exist?!

YoungStep's picture

Nothing drives me crazier than my mom constantly asking my DH "how is snot nose SS7 and valley girl prostitot SD7!?" (Ok she doesnt call them that but you get it...) it drives me crazy! It would be so much easier if she never accepted my marriage/snot nosed skids. They're ruining 65% of my life! I hate when people ask me "awww how are the kids doing??" It kills me to lie and not tell them the truth which is SD7 is a future teen mom with a pending drug addiction and SS7 is growing into a junior creep by flashing his genitals and mooning the kids at daycare. They are brats and an embarrassment. I hate having them at any family function or even in public. The biggest insult of all is when someone assumes they are mine. If i had a child it wouldnt be ugly or lacking like these demon spawn! I just pray they grow up hating me, and move cross country with their BM.

Luna1234567's picture

LOL!!!! Thank God my family hardly ever asks about my step kid.....I once was at a playground with him and this lady goes to me "Is it your son?"....and I said a loud "NO!".....I was offended...honestly...the kid looks nothing like me...HELLO???!!...he's a twin of his mom and I'm pregnant and I really find myself hoping that my kid will be nothing like my stepson......As a matter of fact...one of my biggest missions in life will be for him to not turn out like him. My step son says racist remarks and is a misbehaved brat...he's so bratty and then when some one asks him why he did something bad...he gives these huge puppy eyes..and almost looks like those kids they show in the tv ads who're starving...but please...what a master manipulator!

Reznov's picture

This is me too! Everyday SS4 is at our house I look at DS 10months and pray he doesn't turn out like his HALF brother. When I'm out in public with DH, DS, and SS I try to take DS and walk separately from DH and SS because I don't want to be associated with that little brat. I don't want people thinking that he's my kid and I am the one allowing him to behave the way he is.

YoungStep's picture

My skids are manipulation masters as well!! Must be from the BM. At dinner SS7 interrupts DH about 10 times before I ask her what is it? " Daddyyyyyyyyyyyyyy can i pweaze go to the bafroom?? (Insert puppy eyes here) yes brat, please go and dont come out until you are 18 and can go to college or enlist.

YoungStep's picture

I keep our skids on a 7pm to 7am sleep schedule. So thats 12 hours right there! (Highly recommended) !! I feel like people think ill be hurt if they dont ask about the kids, i couldnt care less! Ask me about anything else,the weather, politics or what color socks in wearing!

xtina's picture

I love your brilliant idea of drinking wine all weekend so it's all a blur. Unfortunately we have the stupid skids for a whole week at a time, so it would be too expensive to be drunk on wine for a whole week at a time. And I love love love your breakdown of the time. Stay positive sister! We have my stupid skids for 156 hours at a time. They go to bed at 9, then daycare the next day so I don't see them til 6 at night. This is 5 days a week so that leaves me with 51 hours a week. On Saturdays, they go to Grandmas, so scratch off approx. 8 hours for that. 43 hours. Then take away 10 hours for sleeping on Saturday nights. So that's 33 hours total I have to be drunk per week. Do-able? Let's just say I take loooong baths during the week nights.

xtina's picture

I forgot about the 9 hour sleeping on Sunday nights! 24 whole hours a week!!!!! My day just got better.

Reznov's picture

My sister does this to me. She always makes it a point to ask "how are the BOYS"? I want to say "MY son is great, I don't know how that other 'boy' is doing you should ask his mom or his dad."

I think our families are trying to be supportive and inclusive of skids but it almost feels like they're being traitors.

WTHDISUF's picture

Lol. My Mom sometimes asks "How's ss8 doing?" and my answer is always "I don't know and I don't care". Then she says "Aww, now don't be like that. I know he misses y'all, the poor fella. Y'all had him all the time & took him everywhere to a lot of places" and I answer "EXACTLY why now that we don't, I don't give a sh8T!"

You see, my Mom is still compassionate about the fact that the brat is a product of an affair and doesn't know DH is not his Dad and has no idea who his real Dad is. She thinks DH is a saint for taking responsibility for this kid despite the fact that the BM is a greedy, ungrateful Biatch and that he has to constantly dodge questions about his and SS8 different races. DH is a Saint but also a Wimp and up until June, I had this lazy, greedy, manipulative, bratty, mouthy, babyish, nasty kid shoved at me every direction. So I am not as compassionate or enthralled by the decisions DH nor BM made in regards to this boy. Lol So now that we've moved and through a process of me going apesh*t then disengaging, I've gone from dealing with that kid at almost every day to just 1 weekend per Month and special occasions. (Even that's too often for me. Lol). DH talks to him almost daily and is always saying to me "SS8 did this or that or raised $$ for fundraiser or made player of the game" and so on. I just smile and nod and say 'that's nice'.

Asking me how he's doing and I don't really care... My sisters will ask too but they are usually doing it to tease me and rile me up. Lol

AngeLily's picture

God I'm glad I'm not alone in this. My non step parent friends think I'm being overdramatic that I try to forget ss7 when he's not around or why I make sure I'm working on SS weekends. I have also figured the timeline that I actually have to see him for 4-6 hours. Which is usually more than enough. I wish I didn't feel this way about him but OMG.....

YoungStep's picture

TRAITORS!!! Thank you reznov for putting a name to the "askers" I cannot think of one person who was initially supportive of my relationship with my now DH and all because he had 2 kids. Now I feel like everyone is a traitor, sometimes my mothers words echo in my head "he has 2 kids! You dont want that! You dont know what your getting yourself into!"

The moral of this story,always listen to your mother....your BM....when getting involved with a partner and skids.