You are here

Dh and friggen Tiktok

Someoneelse's picture

DH sends me tik tok videos that remind him of sd16 when she was little. I don't like sd, and I've been in her life since she was 5. So i know what she was like when she was little... and yes, they are of little blonde girls that are getting coddled or getting complete special treatment, or just being completely  entitled.  Makes me dislike sd even more, but DH is all "awww how adorable, reminds me of sd" and I'm like, that mother literally asked that stranger to go out of his way to entertain YOUR daughter... yea, that's grossly entitled

Rumplestiltskin's picture

Is it bad that i would find it hard to be attracted to any man who watched Tik Tok? I must be getting old...

But yeah, those videos sound especially nauseating. 

Someoneelse's picture

My daughters started him on watching tik tok in the last month, lol. But yea it's kinda weird

SeeYouNever's picture

Maybe I'm a snotty mom but I can't stand videos where parents are teaching their kids bad habits or doing damaging things just for the likes. It's like they have no idea where entitlement comes from, even worse they think it's cute. A little girl being sassy is cute but if you don't keep it in check on day she will be an entitled brat. 

Someoneelse's picture

That's how I am too! SD growing up was CONSTANTLY asking me "did you see me do this?" "did you hear what I said, it was hilarious, I was like 'insert a not funny joke/pun'" Yes SD I saw you, Yes SD I heard you, I was RIGHT TF THERE! she thinks sthat EVERYONE thinks she's hilarious, smart, talented, amaazing and that we want to see/hear/be part of what ever TF she is doing, but she's literally the epitome of entitled B who's oblivious to the world around her BECAUSE of her parenting. She is a disgusting, manipulative, lying, entitled, lazy, brat, that NOBODY wants around.THANKS DH and BM for bending over BACKWARDS to give her EVERY SINGLE THING she EVER COULD HAVE POSSIBLY wanted and MORE. I mean even though she STOLE from the school, from her mom, from her brother, BM wrote a letter to the school, and had her friends write letters to the school saying what an amazing person, and how honestly, loyal, kind, compassionate, intellegent person she was. ALL so she could be part of the national honor society for her school. and now, she gets to have that on her transcripts, even though she's LITERALLY the opposite of ALLLLLLLLL of that. yet, another way she sees the world owes EVERYTHING to her. Bad

advice.only2's picture

Oh god the nauseating Tik-Tok videos! There is one circulating of a mother singing to her sons the song Happier by Olivia Rodrigo and it's cringe worthy. Thankfully many people are calling them out as emotional incest and awful examples of enmeshing your child with you.

Someoneelse's picture

EXACTLY! I've seen so many "reaction" videos to those, and they are ALL like "Are you ok? But really, are you ok?" SERIOUSLY the emotional incest, and what not. I get more of the Democrat/Liberal side of tik tok, and Indigenous and Black Queen side of tik tok, some Witch tok and cottage core and LGBTQ tik tok mixed in for good measure. lol but DH keeps sending me those, and its making its way to my FYP, and its sooooo nauseating! I HATE spoiled brats, and thats what all these are. yes, its cute when an old man plays santa, and makes a 4yo happy, but when they grow up, THAT stay with them, that the world OWES them entertainment, and people should go out of their way to make YOU happy.

Esperanza's picture

Cringe

My DH watching tiktok period would be bad enough lol 

Someoneelse's picture

lol It's a little funny, I enjoy the informative tiktoks, the supportive tiktoks, the silly dances and drama tiktoks are not my cup of tea, but I like supporting people on there

Thumper's picture

OMG some of them are awful. Seeing these has really opened up my eyes. Just when you believe you have seen it all...go to tic tok.

Have any of you seen all the women who are in custody cases? HOLY COW if you have not, look for them. It is BM nightmare to the max....all their minions whom they never met, circle around them. 'your a great MOM" Bad THEN people throw them money on the what ever it is the beg money with.

IT"S shocking actually.

Flip side is we enjoy the historic videos, travel and cooking. AND animal ones too. Super cute.

OP, does your dh send you a lot of video's like that?

Someoneelse's picture

he send me aTON of videos, easy to say more than 10 every day, about 1/4 of them are of that