You are here

Friends dont get it.

CupAjoe's picture
Forums: 

Anyone have friends that just don't get it?
I feel like my girl friends don't understand anything from why we got divorced to why I'm annoyed that after filling in for XH 2 times in the last 2 weeks and having the kids straight through since last Monday that I'm tired and just cannot accommodate his request for me to keep them yet again tonight. WTF... it's "awww poor XH"... the eff? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here!

CupAjoe's picture

Both, the entire situation if not being married to my kids father. They make no attempt to understand that it's tricky and frustrating at times. All of them are married to their children's dad. It frustrates me that I feel like I get zero support when I need to vent about it.

hereiam's picture

Ah, I see. Yes, it's hard for people to understand if they have not been in the situation. Still, as your friends, they could at least try to give some support and put themselves in your shoes.

CupAjoe's picture

FFS, Do I really have to explain HERE of all places that when you have a husband/father/live-in partner you get breaks, small ones but you can say "hey honey watch the kids I'm going to the store really quick." It's way different when whilst you have your children(especially small ones) you have to be on all the time, where you go they go. So yes, after covering for him on his days for two weeks, Mom needs a break and I feel zero guilt about that while still being a good loving parent. I hate that I only get my kids half the time, but since its just me when I have them, those breaks are what allow me to be the best parent I can when I have them.
'
Also, I'm complaining about the fact that I always take any chance to have extra time with my kids but hes asking SO much lately for me to pick up days, that a) he's hardly seeing them which makes me sad and b)I go very long stretches of solo parenting.

I've done it many many times while he has been deployed so I CAN do it, but there's no good reason he shouldn't be trying to spend all at least 50% of the time with them. So I find this response baffling, as if it were the type of response one of my friends would give because they have no perspective on the matter.

stepmomdavis's picture

I get it. When I was married to the father of my children he hardly ever took them. Even when he was supposed to. They remember it too. It stinks. Vent away. I am on your side.

indianpainting's picture

Yes to put your opinion is very important and if you tried and still in vain , than this forum is there for you.....