You are here

Anyone else find exes and step grandparents amusing?

georgina29's picture

The jealousy they have never ceases to amaze me. The ex is invasive and tries to make jokes about me behind my back. I can only laugh because the joke is on the ex when you think about it. You’re tied to your ex and two kids for he rest of your life financially and physically. I can walk away at anytime. The exes grandparents are so jealous. Anytime my husband posts something of me on facebook the grandparents never like it but they like everything else on his page. It’s so funny that they have such jealous feelings. Really what’s amusing is they have no tact and can’t even seem to get along themselves. They are divorced and still try to hang out but bicker all the time. His ex wife claims her parents are crazy and she’s cut them out of her life yet she takes her kids to their place every weekend. Talk about a s show of a family.

momjeans's picture

Yes.

My in-laws play these backhanded games on Facebook, too. I’m not longer “friends” with them on ANY social media platform, and I actually have them blocked, but I can see their public Facebook posts through my DH’s account. 

It’s the non-like game. And that’s all it is - a game. I think it sent them into a tailspin when I unfriended the whole toxic clan. They could no longer subject me to it, and it felt glorious on my end. 

My MIL would go for days, weeks, before she’d maybe click “like” on a photo of me, or our children even. But, oh boy. If any of DH’s ex in-laws posted a photo of skid and/or BM, MIL and FIL would “love” that stuff, commenting how “beautiful and sweet” skid is. Puke. 

DaniellaR's picture

MIL here use to be very biased towards skids. Now she is trying to treat our little one better because of guilt. The way she treats LO is still no where near compared to how she was with skids. The world use to revolve around skids and she expected DH to sacrafice everything for skids. BM expects you to tap dance for her in order to get visitation? You better do it DH. BM and skids want you to throw LO off a bridge? Well, it's skids! You better do it. MIL had zero concerns for DH and my bio before she passed away. She only saw her a small handful of times. When she passed, it opened her eyes to what a witch she was to our baby. Unfortunately for her, I already got to the point where she is nothing to me and our bios. I am polite because that is how I was raised but beyond that, I owe her nothing. Now she is trying to be a grandma to our DD9m. I don't care, I use her when I need something. She already showed me her true colors, there simply is not any coming back from that with me. I will never forget how she treated DH and my first child before she passed. I'm not going to pretend like she is grandma of the year.