You are here

2012 not starting out good, prayers please

dispiritedstepmom2011's picture

january 1st, im up early cause bd5 and i didnt make it to the ball drop lol and she is an early riser anyways. no biggie, my plans for today are going to my mothers for some turkey!

i get a call from bf who tells me SIL was shot sometime very early this morning. she was at her mothers with the boys (we dont know why---her mother is a druggie and so is her brother and sil--FBIL is livid she was there with their kids). from what we heard, someone was playing with the gun and it went off, hit her in the part of the brain that makes u do stuff like talk and walk and stuff. so we dont know whats going on. probably surgery and lots of therapy.

then i get a call from my mother that one of my uncles put a gun to his head cause my aunt told him there was no reconciling the marriage--they have had problems from day one, stayed together for my 2 very young cousins, ect---then he turned the gun on the 3 of them as my aunt was pushing my cousins out the door. fired a shot, missed--thank god-- and he is now in custody with attempted murder/attempted suicide charges.

on the stepside of my day, bm and dopey have a fight last night cause sd's plans for the night changed. so THEIR plans changed/got ruined. so she brings sd to me and goes to talk to dopey, tells him she wants divorce, he kicks her out. sd is angry at me cause i wont let bm live with us till she finds a job and gets her own place. sd is angry at bf for the same thing. sd is also angry bm didnt take her with when she went to talk to dopey, who called sd a N-lover and a spoiled C**t. bf gets back tomorrow night, thank god.

so happy f'n new year! i know that i am counting MY blessings. after hearing about my aunt and my SIL, i am thinking that while sd is a pretty bad seed, and bf isnt perfect, i should be happy that i and my child is alive and healthy and we dont have to worry about guns being pointed at us or anything.

Most Evil's picture

Oh wow, that is just awful!!! I would be sure to keep your family away from all these folks with guns they are waving around!!

I have no objection to guns, but clearly they are not a game to be played!!! Prayers for you honey

bd5 and sd saw SIL for the first time in over a year on christmas---she was heavily into drugs as well but has been off for the last few months. as far as SIL's mother, she is NOT a part of our lives. and my aunt and uncle live in NJ and they have actually never met the girls yet so no problem there.

bf has a gun that he inherited from his late grandfather. he used it when he was in the police force like maaaaany years ago. it still works, but is in a locked case hidden in the attic. sd doesnt even know he has it and there are no bullets. bf had a sword and knife collection but i made him put that in the attic as well for the simple fact i dont trust sd---ya never know.

UPDATE:

i went to the hospital to see FSIL. the story is that the bullet did NOT penetrate, it was a surface thing rickashayed (sp) but she did have bleeding in the brain, wich they drained already. when i went to see her, she knew who i was and could move all body parts. she was in and out of sleep and was very confused but it looks like she will be fine!!!!! thank GOD!!!!!

update on my aunt. uncle is in hospital for psych eval then of course jail pending court hearing. she is at a friends with my cousins. i talked to her this afternoon,, she is shaken up pretty badly but is in good hands right now. my grandmother and one of my other aunts is flying up there tuesday.

thank you all for the prayers! i really appreciate it!

windee's picture

I am so sorry that your year is beginning like this and very glad for the good news in your update! You have certainly had a hell of a beginning to this year. Hopefully you have gotten it all over with in the beginning and the rest of th year with be a breeze!! Don't forget to take care of yourself.