OT - Woman Wednesday
Happy Hump Day, STalkers. Hella long week. It's about halfway through the day for me and I can taste Friday like an habanero pepper on a cut on my tongue.
I know some of us are having a time right now, so I thought I'd share a couple of things from r.m. drake. Please feel free to share something that speaks to you or you find uplifting on a dark day.
"you have everything you need. yes, right now you feel a little empty and a little broken but you won't feel like that forever. count your blessings. so many people have it worse."
And the one I'm clinging to today...
"she did not find the grim in falling apart. for every time she found herself to be broken, she knew she was brutally remaking herself, and collapsing to be reborn like a rioting star; haunting the dark sky."
ETA: Physical things can be YUGE in lifting your spirits. Feel free to add your own (like Wicked's cake & kitty).
Self-care for Bad Days:
- Take a nap (soft blankets and cuddly furbabies are pluses)
- Cuddles with furbabies
- Take a walk
- Validate your feelings because it's okay to have bad days
- Take a bath (great additions: a good book and a glass of wine or your fave cold drink)
- Get crafty (scrapbooking, quilting, crocheting, coloring...)
- Treat yourself (cake, ice cream, a new pair of shoes...)
Wishing you peace and love. <3