Lebanon and Christmas
Husband has to go see his parents. They are older and he has not been able to because he he was on a project and now another one has started. I get it. He can go during christmas break when it is slow.
I said I would fly out with him on the 25th of Dec. The 24th, as a latin lady, is the important one, not the 25th. We could celebrate with our family, his kids, my kids, my sisters, etc then fly out.
His daugther, 24 year old, informed her dad she can only go the 21st thru 28th of December and need to be back by 29th. Basically she wants to be with her boyfriend for New Year's Eve. I get it. She wants it to her schedule.
The other 2 want to spend one week in Lebanon and head to London for 2 weeks.
I quickly figured out that it was not about spending time with their family but instead getting a trip out of if and staying in London another 2 weeks.
1) I can't leave before the 25th. My kids are 16 and 13. They are with me during christmas break and 2nd half with their dad. It is important to me to celebrate with them. What kind of mom am I if I take off?
2) I was very specific with my husband on this issue. If we leave the 25th we would be there thru the 5th of January. When the kids return I will have a good friend come stay with them so they are not alone.
His suggestion, join me later on. *fool*
I'm upset....I feel like his "we are a family" is just BS. HIs son commented, "as long as we are together it doesn't matter where we spend Christmas". I replied, "and the boys, what?" Silence.
He has not said a word to me since our talk on Saturday. I spent the day yesterday visiting my mom. I mentioned to her the christmas plans and her response was, "enjoy your holidays, they will be the ones missing out. It's not like there will be a christmas in the mountains of Lebanon, they don't celebrate that. He can't see his kids have manuipluated the entire thing"
- I am deeply hurt
- He has been manipulated by his kids
- I feel like it drew a line in the sand for me
- I do not want him to call me during the holidays. F* off, I am busy enjoying my holidays.
- 28th of December is our anniversay.
His plan is to return on the 5th of 6th of January.