OT - Eff Off/Forn Friday
Are you as ready for the weekend as I am? A month-long vacation would be welcome, but likely would not be long enough. *wacko*
First things first... Eff off to:
- The 'rona
- Zoom meetings (definitely suffering from zoom fatigue and fight the desire to run away screaming when one pops up on my calendar)
Forn is a combination of 'food' and 'p0rn'. With Thanksgiving just around the corner, let's talk turkey. Or stuffing. Or pie. Or whatever dish you look forward to eating!
For many years, I didn't know that cranberry sauce came in a can. And so bland! We grew up eating a homemade relish, courtesy of my dear Mom.
CRANBERRY ORANGE RELISH
- 1 lb fresh cranberries
- 1 small naval orange
- 2 c sugar
- 1 pk raspberry gelatin
- 1 c hot water
- 1 c nut meats - normally walnuts
- 1 c chopped celery
- 1 c chopped pineapple
- 1 ripe apple w peel - chopped
- Chop cranberries in a blender 1 cup at a time.
- Remove to another bowl after chopping.
- Chop orange in blender, add to bowl.
- Add 2 cups sugar to bowl, mix well and let stand overnight in a refrigerator.
- Dissolve gelatin in hot water, refrigerate.
- When half set, add to cranberry mixture, then add rest of ingredients.
- Pour into 9x13x2 glass dish and refrigerate.
What's your favorite dish on Thanksgiving?