OT - Eff Off Friday/Forn Friday
Are you ready for the weekend? I am!!! My insomnia has been in the driver's seat this week. Ish. Sleeping until noon tomorrow sounds like a lovely dream. Too bad there's a ton of rain in the forecast because overnight temp in the upper 40s and open windows are perfect sleeping conditions for this Finn. Nothing like snuggling deep down in the covers and DH saying, "Okay, baby, I'm ready." and stoically braces himself for my cold feet on his legs. What a champ! <3
Eff off to:
- Insomnia. Nothing like being all drowsy and yawny...until my head hits the pillow and my mind goes into overdrive. It would be great to have a switch to turn my mind off or into Sleep Mode. But, no. It has to jump all over the place, one thing leading to another, thinking about work, why doesn't Tarzan have a beard, getting the kitchen painted (before 2047 would be nice...), what should I do with the rest of the cherry tomatoes... Gaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!! Can someone kidnap the Sandman and bring him to my house? It's at the corner of Sleepless Road and Insomnia Street. Look for the bleary-eyed, crazy woman in the road...
- Trolls. Get a life. Sheesh!
- Motor Mouth Mona. MMM is a nice woman, but she simply cannot stop talking. She knows her stuff, but trying to "extract" only the information needed is impossible. MMM cannot stay focused and jumps around all over the place, then "shares" totally irrelevant stuff. Like sheep shearing. MMM gives you all of the details about sheep shearing, walks you through all of the steps (always forgetting a few so you have to "go back"), then tells you that the Boss is the only one allowed to shear sheep. Um, why did you train us on sheep shearing if we will never be able to do it? Like King Pita, MMM can double/triple the time of a 30 minute meeting. Unlike KP, MMM is helpful, but she adds so much useless filler that you only need about a fifth of what she says. And I feel like I need a fifth after working with her.
- Telemarketers. Blech.
- People who refuse to listen to you. Yesterday, one of the neighbors was hollaring for me throught the kitchen door. While I was working. He told me what he needed to, I thanked him and said I needed to get back to work...and he starts talking about something else. Okay, that's nice. I need to get back to work. Oh, and blah blah blah... Uh-huh, working here. Oh, you're still working? Yuh-huh. Well, blah blah blah. Okay, nice talking with you. Guess you need to get back to work... *dash1*
Forn is 'food' and 'p0rn' combined. I love to cook and like the challenge of creating new dishes out of leftovers. Sometimes the concoction is meh and sometimes it ends up as a keeper recipe. DH was working the other night and I didn't feel like going to the grocery store or thawing anything so I looked at what I had and started throwing things together.
- Pan fried a lonely slice of prosciutto. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, a glob of olive oil and cherry tomatoes. Cooked until the skins had some char marks and the tomatoes were soft enough to squish.
- Add the last bit of chopped shallot and some garlic, cook another minute and shove to one side of my Texas skillet.
- Throw zoodles on the other side and add some salt.
- Add the last of the goat cheese to the tomatoes and stir.
- Plate the zoodles, stir freshly chopped basil into the goat cheese/tomato sauce and pour over zoodles, top with proscuitto pieces.
- Take a bite, eyeballs seem to do a 360, write down recipe after eating.
Wishing you a stress-free and enjoyable weekend!