You are here

Why doesn't he understand?

Timetogiveup's picture

My DH also has a SS. BM doesn’t know how she got him, she was 19 when she gave birth. She has told me her brother raped her, she was gang raped, he is a product of a one night stand with a famous country singer, another time it was a NASCAR driver, he boyfriend, her friend’s boyfriend and she just doesn’t know. She is Bipolar.

Last week I was really upset with my SS-brat. He had the balls to tell me he knows how I feel!!! Well, his SS is NOT allowed in the house…..not even for a dinner. He will meet him someplace. DH only talks to him around Christmas. When they got divorced, BH refused to let the kid live with her. DH took him downtown and put him in a homeless shelter, he got kicked out of there and was living on the streets. When I first moved in, the kick showed up at the door about 11pm. DH wouldn’t let him in, he banged on the doors and windows until 2pm (DH wouldn’t call the cops for the “sake of the little one). Finally, DH gave him a one-way bus ticket and $20 to go live with her family out-of-state.

This is want DH to his SS. NONE of us have done anything like it….thought about it maybe.

Why doesn’t he understand how I feel?

Timetogiveup's picture

When I met my SS he was 7 or 8. The same age my DH's SS was when he meet him. I don't know what this older kid is to me? I think we was 19 or 20 when I met the older one. I think the first year or so I knew my DH the older one drifted from shelters, on streets and cheap-o hotels. My DH thinks it is normal that he put the kid in a homeless shelter!!!! I am sure he wouldn't think the same if I packed up my SS at 18, drove him downtown and dumped him at the shelter? I even think was DH and ZBM did is screwed up.