You are here

The tears produced from crunchy socks.

Timetogiveup's picture

Yesterday I made the announcement that my job duties no longer include touching crusty socks. My SS17 (aka Stink) wears the same pair of socks for days....DH has told him 100's of times to chance his socks daily but the kid is a thick as a brick.

These socks are frigging nasty and I gag when I touch them.

I made the announcement that there were socks in the hamper...someone had to get them and put them in the washing machine. Of course. neither DH or Stink jumped to do it.

A few hours went by, I said I AM NOT KIDDING..I will no longer be touching crusty socks...some needs to get them out of the hamper.

My DH went and got them BUT he put a clean pait of socks on his hands to handle the crusty socks. He sat down and said, they were really gross and he added I wanted to gag too. SMACK....I have been saying that for months.

I asked "Did you pick up the crusty ones on the laundry room floor?" DH said "No, I didn't think you wanted them in the wash." SMACK again...are you that frigging stupid? I told him go and move them! He said no they are too gross.

DH calls Stink out of the stink-cave and tells him to go in the laundry room and put his crusty socks in the washing machine. He said "You called me out my room for that?" DH told him to jsut go and do it.

Stink comes back into the livingroom' pouty lipped, head hanging low with TEARS in his eyes (Every time this 17 YO male cries I want to SMACK him). All choked up he said "WHY shoud I have to touch those socks?" DH explained to him that I will no longer be touching his crunchy socks, Stink said "WELLLLLL...I shouldn't have to either, they are really nasty"......Exactly my point!!! He went into his bedroom and cried so we were able to hear him.

I can't stand this kid.

alwaysanxious's picture

I have no words. He cried and he didn't think he should touch his own clothes. He is 17. Really I have nothing, except.. i'm sorry. :O

Timetogiveup's picture

He cries all the f'ing time.....he was crying a few weeks ago because he didn't know where dad was....said in a baby talk whine. I told the kid YEARS ago the only thing crying does for me is makes me think he is a bigger idiot.

stormabruin's picture

Are they crunchy from dirty feet, or are they crunchy from...well...you know?

Not that they aren't both disgusting, but...I was gonna say one is more disgusting, but I can't even bring myself to say that.

Timetogiveup's picture

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...I never thought of that!!! But I did think that he might use my WEN in the shower....too expensive for lube. I put Body Scrub in a conditioner bottle....I'm going to hell!

NO...it's from his feet. They are NASTY....he takes like 1 min showers. His feet.....could make you puke. He "can't " clip his toenails either....no ne does it for him. I told him to walk around the corner to the nail place....I refuse to take him where I go.

AVR1962's picture

I stopped doing my SS's laundry when his cut out play toys for his own personal pleasure (made out of cut up clothing- festish for material I guess) started coming thru the laundry. No way was I touching that! There is nothing wrong with him doing his own laundry.

Poppy's picture

This kinda sounds like my SS23. Except he doesn't have a stink-cave because I got tired of him kicking out my 7 year old son from the room they were sharing because my son couldn't stand the smell of body-funk and was tired of getting yelled at for interrupting "Mooch"'s computer time. UGH! So his dad let him sleep on the couch. BIG mistake because now our couch looks and smells like it belongs in an outhouse. Mooch only bathes once every three weeks (that is being generous). I bought him a new package of underwear for Christmas 2009 (8 pair). I am NOT JOKING- he still has two new pair and I have only washed three pair in the ENTIRE time he has had them. Not three pair repeatedly, mind you. JUST THREE PAIR. and he doesn't do laundry even though he is supposed to- noone does. OMFG. Not to mention he likes to whine just like my 9 year old daughter (who has an excuse to sound like a 9 year old girl because she is- so what is his excuse?!?!?!)