You are here

Thank you for choosing Verizon

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

I have a cell phone plan with 4 devices on it. In a typical month, SD19 will use between 3G and 4G of data. I got a warning email from Verizon this morning that we had already used 75% of our data and we are only halfway through the billing cycle. I get online and look at what's happening. SD19 was at 7.1G of data usage this morning. I toyed with the idea of putting controls back on the phone and then thought I should check with DH first. I wouldn't want Princess to get upset or not be able to get on Facebook. While she's at the beach. Sitting on her ass.

Then I made an executive decision. }:)

I am the one who holds the checkbook, I am the one who is an accountant, I am the numbers whiz in the family, and I am the one who makes sure that DH can buy what he wants and we don't pay interest and the bills all get paid. ME. No one else. I threaten DH with the checkbook and he never wants it lol! Somehow I always make it ALL work out. So, for the small price of $5, I chose to utilize Verizon's Family Base Plan today. It's the new version of usage controls on their accounts. I went in and put a block on SD19s phone once she reached 7.15G of data. She was at 7.14G while I was implementing all of this.

Turns out she was driving back from the beach a little while ago and *BOOM* she hit her max at the data usage level I had set. She freaked out, calling DH asking why her phone didn't work and why she couldn't access the internet from her phone. Keep in mind that last week she had the freak-outs when she broke three THREE 3 iPhone chargers in a row. Her new charger, her sister's old charger and a brand new 6-day old charger. Broken by Princess at warp speed.

I had received an email a little while ago that the controls plan had been cancelled, so I KNEW DH had gotten involved. I asked him to call me. I said, "So it looks like you cancelled the usage controls plan? Do you know that SD19 typically uses a little over 3G per month on data and she's over 7G already today?"

DH: Yes, I took care of it.
ME: Our last phone bill was $50 higher because SD19 had her WiFi turned off or something.
DH: SD19 had the Vine app open and it was pulling all of our data.
ME: So you made it clear to her that she needs WiFi? She can't just sit on the beach and look at Vine videos and burn through our data?
DH: Yes, I handled it. Oh she was mad. She got an attitude with me and I yelled at her.

Thank goodness!!!! (Insert big-ass HAPPY DANCE here!!!!!) DH tiptoes around SD19 all of the time. I told him I was sick of her entitled attitude. She whines and is snippy with DH. She's snippy with ME, and I hardly even speak to her anymore, and she uses SD13 like a pawn when it benefits her. DH agreed. I told him that we can lay low because she's on her way back to school in two weeks, but when she returns home again, her disrespect will NOT be tolerated. There will be new rules for this entitled bitch. I know DH is getting sick of hearing all of my crap, but he knows I'm right and that I'm fair.

DH said he upped the data usage on our plan by 4G for $20 for this month. I am secretly thinking that $20 will be transferred from SD19's account when the bill arrives in a few weeks. Just like I transferred the $45 on Friday for the current bill that's due. I don't think an extra 4Gs will cover this billing cycle because SD19's already blown through so much data. Dumbass Skid.

But SO GLAD that DH finally handed her ass to her. Even if it was on the phone. But she was driving home with her boyfriend, lol. She is a bitch. But now I get to have her at home with me for the next week. I didn't buy any more food at the store, either. }:) }:) }:)

~ Moon

over step's picture

Don't these kids understand that for every trick they know (and think we have no clue what there are) we have at least 2 tricks they don't know? My SD14 thinks I'm an idiot and have no clue. I'm not going to tell her any different but instead let her figure it out each time to she tries to play me and I call her bluff.

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

Thing is, SD19 has never had to WORRY about paying a cell phone bill since May 2009. Also, she is irresponsible and too stoopid to manage her own data usage because DH will handle it. Next summer when SD13 gets her cell phone in preparation for high school, I'm going to make sure SD19 starts paying us for hers! The SDs are 6 years apart and I refuse to double up on cell phone costs, car insurance, extracurricular charges.....Nope, not happening. Get ready SD19. Itsa comin'. LOL

~ Moon

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

*NEWS FLASH* SD19 and her bf are LOST on their way back from the beach! DH just called and wants me to fix the block on SD19s phone. He cancelled it earlier himself. I signed into Verizon and it's as if we don't have the usage controls so there's nothing I can do.
Apparently everything is delayed, so I don't now why she lost service earlier and is now losing it again. (Well, I know why she lost it earlier.) DH is livid. He is out of town and wanted me to get directions for SD19 because he's driving. I feel bad for DH but you know what, SD19 deserves this. You're on the Eastern Shore, just keep heading west, something will look familiar sooner or later.

Wait. Doesn't SD's boyfriend's phone work? Nope. It died.

OMG she is going to bitch me out when she gets home. I'm kind of scared. What a dumbass. I'll just tell her she has no one to blame but herself. She can get her own cell phone plan and learn to be responsible completely on HER dime! We're not going to tolerate you attitude any longer. Talk to me when you can act like a mature adult.

I hope all of those Vine videos were worth it. I was texting directions to her and erased them before I hit "Send." She's never nice to me.

Giggling to myself,

Moon

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

Thanks, Notasm, but I have just found out that she is at least 3 hours from home. I can breathe a sigh of relief and I will be in bed when she gets home. Seriously, I don't think I'll be able to stop giggling when I see her next. Karma's a bitch and then she becomes your stepmother!

But, yes, I have my one-liners ready. Poor DH is in FL and didn't have his laptop. Good thing mine didn't die. I have all of the other gadgets at wok because SD13 is on lockdown from the internet.

I was just thinking, here on the East Coast....back in the 80s we didn't have phones and road maps to get to and from the beach. We just got the directions from our parents or an older sibling and WENT. If we got lost, we asked for directions. On the East Coast, you drive towards the SUN on Sunday night leaving the beach because WEST is where home is. You also follow all of the other cars going that same way in mass exodus to get home on Sunday night, and get ready for the work week.

Oh, did I mention that her boyfriend lives an hour past us and has to be at work at 7:30am tomorrow? And SD19 has to leave our house to take SD13 to camp at 9am? I didn't mean for things to turn out this way, but it sure is funny that they did!

LMAO!

~ Moon

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

I didn't mention it above, but just in case, SD19 was freaking out because she needed Google Maps on her phone to get home with. That's why this is so hilarious! No common sense, no sense of direction....Skids these days never look out the window at signs or landmarks when Mom and Dad drive them around because they all have their nose in a gadget.

I am absolutely beaming tonight, smiling from ear to ear at this turn of events. DH called and we were laughing about the entire thing. I told him I could put the controls back on her phone and block Vine, lol. I also suggested she start paying for her own phone soon and she can go over as much as she wants. I reminded him that we gave her the cell phone back in 2009. I remember where we were going and everything. DH and I were just dating back then. Now look what I got. SKIDS! :O LOL DH was watching golf and baseball at the same time after working on a Sunday, but I hope he heard some of what I was saying!

~ Moon

Orange County Ca's picture

Nobody seems to realize what would happen if a satellite or two was taken out of commission by a asteroid shower or by the hand of an enemy. All of these ignorant and electronic dependent people would be, as you found out, lost. Literally lost two blocks from home. Such a situation could last for months.

"...head west...". Mmmmm which way is that?

rahrah2019's picture

On more than one occasion, I shut off our Verizon WiFi while at work and while SS was burning through our data playing video games. We would have three weeks to go on (at that time) 8 GB, and he would come and put us at 75% in a few hours. Because all video games have to be played online. I know my husband hates restricting ANYTHING with SS (because he should always be happy and content and be able to have everything his little heart desires), so I was the bad guy. The WiFi was something my husband got before we met, so I couldn't wait for that contract to run out for this exact reason. One less point of contention when SS visited.

Rags's picture

So DH caved instead of letting SD-19 learn her lesson. Too bad he doesn't have the sack to stick with appropriate consequences for an ostensibly adult daughter.

She is at the beach on vacation with her BF and you and daddy are providing her with a cell phone? :?

If she is old enough to get her freak on at the beach with her BF she is adult enough to support herself.

Good luck with this mess.

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

Oh she's a mess, alright. She called her father out of town and started bitching and whining and complaining. He basically told her to shut the fuck up, but he was still worried she wouldn't find her way home because he knows what a doofus she is. The hilarious part is that her nice, well-mannered boyfriend was no help either. He didn't charge his phone before they left and it died. They were over 3 hours from home when this happened. }:)

I'm thinking they checked out at 11am from their room and he goofed off on his phone while on the beach and it lost it's charge during the day. SD19 has a car charger so she was able to call DH and cry to him!

Rags, I like your quote; "If you want to be a piece of my life then use your head or STFU and do what you are told.-Rags"

DH called this morning and asked if there is any way to print from the desktop because SD19 is taking SD13 to camp. I have the KEYBOARD at my office because SD13 had internet taken away from her last week. I asked DH if SD19 could print from her laptop and I heard crickets. Gimme a break already. I left the MacBook at home since SD13 won't be around to use the internet, so I told him SD19 could use that. She is such a MORON. I hope she gets lost on the way back from SD13's camp.

I still have the giggles over this entire thing. I am REALLY, REALLY ready to stomp hard and put my foot down with DH about SD19. She is a BITCH, and a stupid one at that. Never nice to anyone. I am going to let the F-U fly the next time she is snarky. No more faking it to be nice so that she doesn't lose her temper. I want her to be UNCOMFORTABLE. Karma.....

~ Moon

katielee's picture

Me too. Override a decision I made when I foot the bill??? Oh hell no. SD could have stopped at a gas station, purchased a map, and navigated home the old fashioned way. Maybe she would have learned a lesson. I would go back online and put the controls back on, CANCEL the extra data he bought for her, and change the damn password.

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

Sally, he enabled internet on SD19's phone so she could use Google Maps. Otherwise, she wouldn't have been able to find her way home. She still couldn't figure it out. I had to text directions to her, laughing the entire time. No brains or common sense for her to rely on. Thankfully her little sister SD13 has common sense and would ask people for directions in an emergency. SD19 just sat at a convenient store and waited for DH to dance and take care of her from 1200 miles away. I ended up helping out.

SD19 is useless. This entire thing has been a turning point and a real eye-opener for DH. He is going to put his foot up her ass when he gets home. Unfortunately, I have SD19 all to myself until Friday, so I will disengage and avoid her.

I always read on here not to say anything, that way you don't give a Skid any reason to say something stupid or talk back to you. "I gotta pee!" will be used in order to exit the room in case she tries to engage me in a stupid Skid conversation!

~ Moon

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

So I come home to a quiet house and my four pups. SDog is nowhere to be found and misses dinner. I go up to my room later and SDog is sitting outside of SD19's door with his diaper on. Later on, I hear SDog whimpering in the hallway. I open my door to see if he'll come to me. He does and I take his diaper off. Soaking wet because SD19 can't do shit, even for her own fucking pet. I can't wait until she leaves. I called DH and told him SD19 is useless and I couldn't wait until she went back to school. He made excuses that she doesn't know what to do!! Fuck that, she is a clueless moron entitled bitch! I told him that when she is home from school next, he had better DO SOMETHING or else I will.

She managed to get her lazy ass out of bed and run down to her car for something around 7 o'clock. PM. She let the front door slam and I yelled "Shut up" to her. My window was open and she was quiet when she came in, the stupid Skid.

Can't stand her! I have SDog in my room doing the responsible thing and not letting him sit in a wet diaper. For goodness sake!

~ Moon

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

Twizzler, I almost put the wet diaper pad right outside of her door so she'd step in it. I decided against it because it was just too nasty. I stayed home today with back pain and have kept 5 dogs in my room with me all day. SDog didn't need his diaper since a responsible person has been with him all day, letting him out for regular breaks. It poured rain, so I'm glad I was here, otherwise the pups would be in and out the dog door getting wet and messy.

The gods must have been smiling on me. SD19 had to work today from 2pm-10pm. It has been nice and quiet. It's amazing how my mood lifts when she's not here!

~ Moon

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

All my pups love me, and I am married to the Crazy Dog Man. All 5 are in my room right now and the bedroom door is open. They want to stay near me. SDog is happy to be out of his diaper for the evening. I am happy because SD19 was scheduled to work again tonight, so I'll be asleep when she gets home. Hopefully.......

Last night a few of the dogs were restless and pacing by the bedroom door. It was 12:15am and I had been asleep for 3 hours. Darnit, someone needed to go out. I open the door and see that the lights are on downstairs! SD19 had come home from work and fallen asleep in her fast food uniform on the couch. Problem was, she had the TV on and the pups heard it -- that's why they were restless. I said, "Hi!" and she nearly jumped out of her skin, rubbed her eyes and went upstairs immediately. This was only her second day of work this week lol. Poor thing was tired. Awwwww.

This morning I spoke to DH who is still out of town and told him that I was going to password protect the TV. so it couldn't be watched after 9pm. He said not to, and I told him I was sick of him making excuses for her. There are three people and five pups who are NOT on the same schedule as SD19. We are all early birds. DH said that SD19 is hardly ever scheduled for nights at work, but guess what? She's working again tonight, isn't she? She's so rude that she would probably call DH at 10pm out of town to ask what's wrong with the TV and what's the password?

I should do it. I didn't get any sleep last night and my alarm went off at 4:30am today. }:) }:) }:)

~ Moon