You are here

So tired of the crap

Dancemom4's picture

Biomom has no rules and doesn't care if kids are in school...SS16 has been virtual most of the year untik about a month ago and literally has like 80 something absences and currently failing most classes. he got his permit in January (not sure how he was allowed because they are supposed to have the school sign off on grades and absences) but I'm pretty sure it's because his mom has special connections. Now he's supposed to get his license in July and even though the students have been told grades and absences will be checked in June and permits may be revoked he doesn't seem to care because momma knows people and he will get it anyways. It just pisses me off that he faces no consequences whatsoever and my own kids have worked their butts off for nothing this year. DHs hands are tied becusee biomom bought him the vehicle and controls everything. Ugh. Just neeeded to vent. 

Rags's picture

DH needs to call the DPS and report his kid as failing and force the revocation of the permit.

Simple and direct.

Dancemom4's picture

It wouldn't matter- her connections are her the drivers license place and the police in the area. 

Rags's picture

Escalate ove the local level.  DLs are issued by the state. not the county, city, or local stations. There has to be a level that can intervene accordingly.

IMHO it comes down to how serioius is DH about delivering the message to SS on his behavior.

Dancemom4's picture

Part of it is the schools where we live. They aren't doing truancy and teachers can't fail students because they say it's been a crisis year due to Covid so there is basically no accountability.... even so he needs to not be allowed to get it since that is lirerally the only thing that motivates him. But bio mom has no rules and bought the car for him so dh can't really do anything. Her connections go to the state level anyway. He'd probably be allowed by her to just drive anyway. It's a losing battle and I just need to get over it. It's just frustrating because his attitude is affecting my kids as well about school. And my kids have always been straight A kids with maybe 1 or 2 absences a year. 

Jojo4124's picture

Tough love maybe...tell kid to get a job and a place to live. You can emancipate them. Then he can do what he wants. Maybe just telling him this info will make him realize the cush life he could lose?

Dancemom4's picture

That's just it.... he lives the life of luxury with his mom... fets whatever he wants. My DH is the tough love type and would love to enforce rules but can't becusee mom bought him everything.