Lying

Dancemom4's picture

My SKids lie about everything. Like literally everything. And if it's not a complete lie it's an exaggeration. Their bio mom is the same way and has even told them to lie  about things so I'm not surprised. Lying is my number one pet peeve- I cannot stand it. My bio kids know that if they lie the consequences will be 10 times worse for the lie. I'm to the point of disengagement anyway but just knowing they are lying and DH falling for it just kills me. Ugh stupid teens. 

SeeYouNever's picture

Both my husband and I are terrible liars. We are just straight with each other. The difference between us is that I don't trust anybody but my husband trusts everybody because he assumes that they think the same way he does. So he believes everything that SD says. BM has lied to him so much that he only believes only half of what she says, which is too much IMO. He's too trusting and optimistic.

I have to say the few times that BM has been caught in a lie and called out for it It was pretty amusing to watch her backtrack and try to talk her way out of it. 

SD I would not call a compulsive liar I would call her a compulsive fibber. She frequently lies to tell people what she thinks that they want to hear. It goes beyond polite lies, which everybody is guilty of, to lies where she is pandering to whoever she is talking to. She is so desperate to be liked that she makes up a new persona for each person she meets. 

JRI's picture

My 3 SKs lied a lot, too, especially SD and YSS.  Actually, it's more accurate to say I never got a straight answer to even the most innocuous questions. 

Me:  "Do you want x?"

SD or YSS:  "Okay, or wait a minute, I guess not.  Or maybe I should".

I'd get every variation of yes, no and maybe EVERY time.  I put it down to insecurity, them being afraid to give a wrong answer.  Of course, SD59's lying is on a different, more epic scale.  

Rags's picture

I am a  very trusting guy.  To the point that I don't question people when they expound on a life event.

As far as parenting.... parents recognize kid bullshit because we were kids once and we all tried to bullshit our own parents.

My Kid was the absolute worst liar imaginable.  He had more tells than a bad poker player and when he figured out that we knew his tells his adjustments were even more obvious that his tells were.

SS was a pleaser and would tell us what he thought we wanted to hear rather than the truth.  It took a while but we finally drove him to clarity on the lesson that all we wanted was the truth.

To this day he is hyper sensitive to people bullshitting him.  He blames his mom and I.

Diablo

Dancemom4's picture

Just last night we caught ss in a lie. Passed him driving into town when he was supposed to be somewhere else several miles away. Ugh it's so damn maddening.