You are here

Frustrated

Nickyhannan's picture

Nickyhannan's picture

i am a sm to a 13 year old sd. We used to get on really well but lately there has been so much back chat. It came to a head the other week when I told her not to do something and told her dad what she had done. She’s now accusing him of taking my side and saying I’m a liar. Her mum has always been interfering and thinks she should be able to act however she wants at ours (even though it’s not accepted at hers). She has now said that she doesn’t want to come to ours because of me and she is supporting her decision. I love my sd very much and I get that she is a hormonal teenager but I don’t think that gives her a right to talk to me however she wants in my own home. My husband is distraught. He is so angry with his ex for making the situation worse by saying it’s ok to do what she did. How do I mend things so she wants to come round again but at the same time realise she can not be disrespectful to me. 

Winterglow's picture

Remind your dh that his ex has no say in what happens in his home. If SD says "but mum said..." remind her that what mum says goes in mum's house but here isn't mum's house/your home, your rules/in dad's home what dad says goes.