You are here

OMG! Is she really that stupid, or trying to annoy the hell out of me?

CantKeepDoingThis's picture

I'm in my office, and I hear someone putting a dish in the dishwasher...the FULL dishwasher. Seriously, I don't even know how SheSloth thought the plate was going to get clean as she was putting it in the same slot as another plate butted right up against it! Worst part? The dishwasher was full of CLEAN dishes (ran it last night and have not had the chance to empty it because I've been running round like a chicken with it's head cut off because I have to work a 10-hour shift today). I jump out of my office just as SheSloth is closing the dishwasher..."Tell me you didn't just put a dirty plate in with the CLEAN dishes?" She looks at me dumbfounded. "Seriously? See that magnet on the front of the dishwasher? It says that the dishes in there are clean!!! I bought that because I got tired of hearing the excuse for not putting dishes in the dishwasher being that no one knew if they were clean or dirty! I get a sign, and you just ignore it?" As she takes her plate out, I tell her that she can empty the dishwasher. You think she did it? Oh hell no! She puts her plate in the sink, and goes to her room!

I guess now that she has her $60 in her grubby little hands for the makeup, her junk fool last night, and her junk food for today, she doesn't think she has to do anything! I am so pissed right now I want to smack her!

Oh...DH gave her the money for all of her stuff. I before he got it for her, I told him to be sure to remind her of such as these next time she gives him attitude about doing anything.

I was so pissed, I took a break from my work, and went and unloaded the dishwasher myself. DH asked me what I was doing, and I made sure as hell to complain at a volume loud enough so that "her highness" could hear me in her room. "It seriously takes 5 frackin' minutes to unload a dishwasher! But, noooooooooo, SHE just drops her plate in the sink and takes off to her bedroom like she always does! Yet, every time she wants money or something, we are supposed to just hand it over! No, we don't work our asses off or anything. I just love how SHE doesn't think she has to do her share of anything around here!" Now, one would think that this would have caused WWIII with DH, but I think he is actually getting what I've been saying this whole time. He simply said, "Maybe she didn't understand that 'you could' meant that 'you need to'?" I told him, "You know good and well that is BS! I know if my mom said 'you could' it really meant 'you will'. And you can't tell me that it was different with your mom!" He did admit that if his mom said "you could" it DID mean "you will" and if he didn't do it, he got in trouble! He helped me put the silverware away, and then went and had a talk with her.

DH came into my office later and said that SheSloth apologized for not emptying the dishwasher and putting her plate in. Yeah, right. Empty apology, I'm sure. It is so easy for these kids to just say "I'm sorry" to try to get out of crap, when they don't really mean it. Sorry means not doing it again, but she repeats the same behavior over, and over, and over!

Rags's picture

No more telling DH or you that she is sorry. She shows you by doing what she knows she should be doing without being told. If she does not, bring the pain. Each and every time.

Ditz has this right IMHO.

No more hints, no more requests. Direct instruction/command and immediate consequese for anything but immediate action.

Any Skid dish or mess left by her when you are absent either results in calling the SKid if she is in the home to clean it immediately and if she is not home it goes in a large trash bag and on her bed. No exceptions. Garbage not emptied, on her bed. Dirty dishes, on her bed. Dirty laundry dropped on the floor, on her bed.... all in the same nasty, stinking, food encrusted trash bag. }:)

"After your DH starts replacing dishes maybe he'll take a hint."

He does her dishes for her if she doesn't do them. That is part of the problem. The other day she was complaining that there weren't any more small plates to heat up something, because she used all of those instead of the plastic plates for her sandwiches (there are only 5 left as it is, because 3 were broken by none other than SheSloth over the years). DH told her, "There are other small plates." I quickly said, "Um, no there are not! Those dishes are not coming down off of that top shelf until there are NO kids left in this house!" There are dishes on the top shelf that I bought a couple of years ago to be replacements to the current incomplete set. I knew they would go unused for a few years, but I really liked them, and you know how it is...if I waited until there were no more kids in the house, they wouldn't be available any longer.

SheSloth even has a separate drawer of silverware she has to use. It is the incomplete sets of years past just tossed in a drawer. Again, something that she had a hand in, as over the years I've caught her throwing away silverware when throwing away food from her plate. For every piece I retrieved, I swear I probably missed two. There are literally remnants of 3 different sets of silverware in that drawer! She is forbidden to use the silverware that DH and I use, and I make sure to count each set whenever the dishwasher gets unloaded. I know, a bit much maybe, but I'm tired of replacing kitchen stuff because it gets throw away.

Easylikesundaymornin's picture

Wow ~ I sincerely make my kids so their chores b4 they get anything ~ social events included.

He has got to start implementing that her chores need to be done consistently ~ in order for a routine to stick in our minds it needs to be done successfully for 21 straight days.

Wtf is he so afraid of ??? She's clueless n doesn't give a shit cause Daddy won't make me do it. She's a monster.

My 10 yo sets the table , clears the dishes, loads/empties the dishwasher n brings down her laundry ~ never to young to do chores. Problem is your DH doesn't think she should ! Break'er in ~ military boot camp.

No chores ~ equals no reward !!!!

"Wtf is he so afraid of ???"

This is simple...SheSloth wanting to move back to BM's! In his mind, BM had her for 13 years, and now it is his turn! Problem, BM had her for 13 years! Before SheSloth was forced to move in with us because of the trouble she was getting into, she would complain to DH that she felt like a maid at BM's house. Yeah, she felt like a maid because she had to do dishes and sweep the kitchen every day! I WISH those were my only chores growing up!! I had to help with dinner, clear the dinner table and put away left overs, do the dishes, prep the coffee pot so that it would start at 5:00 a.m. and my parents could wake up to done coffee (and this was a big one...I would get killed if this weren't done), clean the counters, sweep and mop the kitchen, take out the trash, feed the dog, vacuum the house, and dust at least once a month! For all of this, I got a whopping $20/month! If I missed anything or did it half-assed, a buck was deducted until there was no allowance to give!

On top of this, I was expected to do my laundry, keep my room clean, and keep clean the bathroom I used...typical "clean up after yourself" stuff.

But not kids these days! OMG...an entitlement generation is being raised! Not all, but there are way too many parents who just hand stuff over to their kids and don't require anything from the kid! "I want them to have better than I did!" Then, teach them how to work for keep! Otherwise, they will never excel at their jobs, because they will think the world is supposed to be handed to them on a silver platter! I have what I have because I understand the value of hard work! I want more money, I bust my ass to make my boss notice! I take care of my stuff because I appreciate the privilege to have it, because I worked my ass off for it! I'm afraid these kids will never get this!

Can't , I agree with your entitlement generation. But the very sad part about it ~ is it all seems from the parents. This floods over to all those kids that go on shooting rampages. No One has ever told them No ~ therefore they believe they are invinsible. Parents just don't see the damage ahead of them. Pure stupidity , these parents might feel guilty it society sure as hell does feel guilty. They will be in for a rude awaking ~ very soon.

Thanks guilty parents , got giving society your little assholes you created. Grrrrr as step parents we can't do damn thing

Oh, I'm so afraid she won't launch! I have a feeling it will come down to me demanding she go live with her mother if she is just going to sit on her ass and not do anything! You stay here? You go to school and/or get a job! Both of my bios are out there in the world...yeah, I'm still paying for BS19, but that is so he can get his education and make something of his life! But he is out there! He is doing the work, taking responsibility for himself, etc. BD23 works two jobs just so she doesn't have to have a roommate...she likes being on her own. She starts school herself here soon, now that she has finally pin-pointed what she wants to do.

Well, she learned from the best! BM has not worked a day since SheSloth's birth! She and DH split because BM "didn't feel like being married"! Even then, she refused to leave her parents' home, and that is where DH was living until BM booted him. At the time, BM was seeing other guys already, including an old high school boyfriend. That guy she has put through hell, but he still eventually married her. BM finally "launched" when her mom's new husband didn't like that the guy was living with BM at her mom's house, and made him leave. This got BM upset enough to move out. The guy has been taking care of her ever since. He is the one who cooks all the meals, does all the shopping, cleans the house, etc. One of BM husband's friends even lives with them to take care of BM's and her husband's kid while the husband is at work! Yeah, you read that right...BM doesn't work, stays at home, but doesn't even take care of her own kid!

This is the person who influenced SheSloth's life the most for the first 13 years. No wonder SheSloth thinks that the world should be serving her!

Career path has been paved for her. It's called "life sucker" ..... Very sad.

This kids learn emotional extortion at a very early age !!! Very sad

Career path has been paved for her. It's called "life sucker" ..... Very sad.

This kids learn emotional extortion at a very early age !!! Very sad

hippiegirl's picture

What the fvck is so hard about LOOKING at the dishes to see if they're dirty or clean?! My own biokids do this and it's annoying as hell. I can't imagine how pist I'd be if it was one of BM's kids! Sad

FrackturedBradyBunch's picture

We don't have a dishwasher, the Skids are the Dishwasher and Dryer....it's part of their chores.

Mind you, I think your Skid is my SD15....same stupid moronic behaviour, same blank lights on nobody home look that I was want to slap right off her face.

I can't believe you let her walk to her room and not empty the dishwasher? }:)

When I went back into my office, she was still by the open dishwasher. I thought maybe...just maybe! Then, I heard her go to her room! That is when I about lost it!

is it just me...'s picture

SheSloth is a fuck!ng retard from everything you've said. My SS does the dumbest shit because his BM does everything for him so she can feel like someone in her life needs her and thus loves her.

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

Depending on my given mood and energy at the time lol, I would have stood there and monitored her while I made her unload the dishwasher. We have a plastic lid that I wrote "DISHES ARE CLEAN" on after SD19 took dirty dishes and put them all back in the cupboard! At least she tried but they weren't even washed! I put my sign on the counter, over the edge of the counter where it is easily seen. If you reach to open the dishwasher without looking at what you are doing, you will hit the sign with your hand and knock it onto the floor. LOL. One time when SD13 didn't brush her teeth and lied that she had, I humiliated the shit outta her. I looked in her bathroom for a dry toothbrush. There was no toothbrush which means she didn't unpack it from camp three days prior! She hadn't brushed her teeth, newly adorned with braces in three days! I banged on her door at 10pm at night and told her to get her toothbrush from her camping bag and to get her ass into the bathroom!! Then I stood there and said , "since you are having so much TROUBLE brushing your teeth, I will stand here for 2 minutes while you do it. It's really not that hard!!!"

I disengaged 2 weeks later in early July. SD13 still hasn't brushed her teeth today, but I'm keeping quiet! }:) }:) }:)

~ Moon

SheSloth had the NERVE to ask for the expensive sandwich this morning at Starbucks after all that yesterday! Really? When I flat out said no before DH could respond (my money), she tried to argue with me about it! Sorry, I get you need to eat, but you get the cheapest option!

And apparently there was a ton of guard drama yesterday! That means she is in s b***hy mood! Unfortunately, the band moved on...so one more weekend I need to try to get out of going to watch her perform!

Haha - when I asked what SS wanted me to buy for snacks/lunch he told me sushi. Seriously?

With my SS it was soap! I went to put toilet paper in the bathroom and his shower had no soap, no idea how long he went without using any...

lintini's picture

My SS had no toilet paper, hand soap, or body wash soap in his bathroom. I don't even want to know........He didn't even bother to ask DH or I either or say anything about it. I have no idea either how long he went without it.

Today was SheSloth's normal Sunday church behavior. I don't know why DH has gome back to making her sit by me. Feet up under the back of the chair in front of her...shoes on the bible that belonged to the lady sitting in front of us. Texting through service. Getting up and down during service. I called her out at the end of church right in front of DH and MIL! I told DH, "Starting next week, I'm sitting on the front row!" He asks why that is, and I tell him, "Well, with no seats in front of us, I guess SheSloth will have to sit up, and won't have anything to put her feet on!" DH gives SheSloth a look of "you're screwed"...lol. He knows I mean it...I'm not afraid to sit on the front row at church! Let's watch SheSloth next week! I'm willing to bet she will try to find someone else to sit by. Oh well, even better! I'll still win, she just doesn't realize it!

Why does she sit with you !???
This is crazy behavior in church my grandmother would not tolerate misbehaving in church. So if I slept over my Aunts house I had to go to church with my grandmother n my cousin was in the church choir so I sat right next to grandmom.

DH is in the sound booth. SheSloth started sitting with him, but I guess he got tired of her, so she is back to sitting in the congregation with me. That's okay...front row is sure to make her find somewhere else to sit!

Can't ~ I just love your thought process ~ so calm n methodical !!!

As much as SheSloth loves being the center of attention, she hates the front row at church! I guess because it makes her irreverence obvious! Can't text...can't disappear to the bathroom! She knows she is right there in front of the pastor, and if the pastor says something about her behavior, DH will be forced to address it!

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

Back to your Starbucks comment about SheSloth wanting something expensive....SD13 pulled this crap at the mall yesterday. We went into the shoe dept so I could see what heels they had. We were there for less than two minutes. I hear SD13 whispering to DH about wanting new sneakers. She took her sister's black vans and hasn't taken care of them. The white band at the bottom of the material as well as white laces have turned black with dirt. SD13 has two other pairs of nearly new shoes that still fit her that she won't wear.

Later on when we were in the corn maze, she asked DH again when she could get shoes? I spoke up this time and said you have your grey ones and your black high tops that you've worn once. I bought them last winter. She tries to play dumb and asks which high tops? I remind her that its the pair she wore on the first day of school. I say all of this in front of DH because he has no clue what she has. She says they are too small, and I say they are Vans just like your sister's shoes that you took you just have to break them in. She gets all pissy and walks away through the corn maze. I was happy.

DH tried to shush me during all of this and I said she's not getting new shoes until Christmas. She has plenty and what she does wear, she doesn't take care of.

I'm waiting for her to run out of bath gel too. All she has is a travel size bottle that has been in her shower for the past week. LOL

~ Moon

lintini's picture

LOL @ the shower gel. I snorted I was laughing so hard hahahaha.

DH did a bedroom and bathroom check before they left for BM's house a few hours ago. DH found that Cesspool left the plunger in the sink down because "he didn't know what to do" so the sink was full of water and toothpaste. What a freaking idiot. By the way....there are two sinks in that bathroom. But the Cesspool won't even ask or get his own new roll of toilet paper or soap because at BM's house they only have one bathroom so BM takes care of everything in it.

I am going to get grey hairs in a few months I just know it!!! Just trying to survive one weekend at a time.

Clairol is my friend...lol!

There is no way these kids could function on their own! Shoot, I've lost count as f how many weeks it has been since SheSloth did laundry! I swear she uses shampoo as shower gel...I know, better than nothing. That roll of toilet paper in that bathroom hasn't been touched in the two weeks I've been checking it. Exposed pads in the trash...and this is the bathroom guests would use, if we had any. DH always wonders why I don't like to invite people over to our house! I'm not cleaning that bathroom!

lintini's picture

Wow wtf, she leaves used pads out for everyone to see in the trash? That is disgusting. I know you've mentioned the toilet paper thing before....what is your theory to of what she's doing then? I bet she pooped in the pool too as a toddler. I've seen some really scary shit in the bathrooms at starbucks after working there for 6 years. Someone literally shit all over the entire mens restroom, all over the walls, the sink, the floor, the MIRROR!!! Even the baby changing table!!!! It was ALL OVER!!! We had to call hazmat to clean it up. I feel like calling them to clean up Cesspools bathroom now that I think of it.....

My theory? Plain laziness! Of course, I wonder what the hell she is using for underwear right now as long as it has been since she washed! No one has that many pairs of underwear! Two weeks tops in most cases.

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

We still have a bottle of dog shampoo in SD13's bathroom from when we bathed a pup months ago. It's the only shower with a tub, so we had to do it there. I wonder if SD13 will use it? She has just gone from cute and pretty to strange and nasty between 7th and 8th grade. Don't even get me started on the teeth with braces. Waiting to see how many cavities she has at her check-up in November.

~ Moon

lintini's picture

oooo dog shampoo!!! I was using mane and tail a few years ago until I went to the barn with my mom and saw she used it on her horse. :? Her horse does have a very lovely mane and tail though...hahaha!!!! Blum 3

OOO Fungus Fanny!!! I love it!!!!

Jr. High is so awkward!! My mom teaches jr high and when I told her about Cesspool's latest cellphone nasty sex texts she replied, "welcome to jr. high." Wow great advice mom!!!