You are here

Need to find somewhere to be all week!

CantKeepDoingThis's picture

I had a Project Grad meeting last night, so luckily I got to miss the drama, but I'm sure this is going to go on for a while! The boyfriend broke up with SD15 yesterday! On the plus side, no more paying for this guy on Sundays because he NEVER EVER brought any money if he went to church with us, even though he KNEW we at least were going to go have lunch. Sorry...that annoys the crap out of me. I would NEVER send my kids to go spend the day, or even spend the night, at a friend's without money, because I never knew if they were going to go out for a meal or something.

Anyway, so the pouting around the house has started! Whoa is me, whoa is me...posting all kinds of depressing stuff to her social media. Now, don't get me wrong...I know, it is teen love, it hurts, cut her a LITTLE slack...but you have to remember, this is the girl who goes over the top about everything!!! I can see it now...by the end of church on Sunday, EVERYONE will know that the boyfriend broke up with her, even people who we really aren't close with at all. She isn't the kind of girl who will sit in her room, playing breakup songs, etc. She is the kind of person that if anything happens, the whole world has to focus in on her and her only.

I have stuff for two nights this week....so just need to fill up my other nights. Luckily, she has an all day guard thing on Saturday, but I'm also out for the day doing spa stuff (won some gift certificates that it is time to cash in on before they expire).

As to why they broke up? I don't know. I personally didn't see it lasting...not the way that SD15 treated the guy...very controlling and bossy. He also supposedly wasn't very happy about the recent trouble she was in, and if she lied to him even half as much as she lied to us.

Calypso1977's picture

i dread the day my SD13 breaks up. they will have been together 3 years this fall (outageous that this was allowed, but that's BM for ya!) and apparently the kid (who we have NEVER met) has a promising future as a hockey player and will be going to private school for 9th grade. we pretty much assume that he will dump SD at that time. she will not be able to handle it. i just hope this kid gets out before he knocks her up.

i dont know how you handle having that girl around 24/7. honestly, you are my inspiration when i have my days with SD.

Accordn2L's picture

I totally dread when my BD11 and SD8 start having boyfriends. My BD11 is already starting with the hormones and bouts of moodiness. The SD8 is like a wild animal on crack and then if her feelings get hurt she runs to her room screaming bloody murder slams the door and cries hysterically in the closet until DADDDDDDDYYYY goes and sits in the closet with her, yes that's what I said, and calms the princess down.

misSTEP's picture

OMG - behavior that gets positive reinforcement will continue and INCREASE. How can they NOT SEE THIS???

I almost feel sorry for the guy! There is still about 2 more weeks of school, and there is no telling what SD15 will be like at school! If she is as off her rocker as her mother (which she often appears to be) she could:

1. Stalk him and every time she sees him, whine and beg for him to take her back!

2. Start vicious rumors about him...small town, small school...things spread VERY quickly!

Let's just say it is probably a good thing the guy doesn't have a car, because she would be the kind the key it if he did! I can promise that she will be playing up the drama at school to get every person she knows to feel sorry for her.

Calypso1977's picture

does she even have friends or people who dont realize she's truly nuts?
in some ways it could be funny if she tries to stir up drama and attention and everyone ends up on Team Boyfriend.

SD15 like to be the victim. She learns that from BM. Like when the now-ex-boyfriend's uncle passed away...SD15 put herself in the victim seat to get sympathy from EVERYONE! Of course, now that I think back, that is when I start seeing signs of that relationship fizzling. I knew something was up this weekend...SD15 could not get hold of him...said something like he was at his friend's and forgot to take his phone charger, etc. It felt like a load of bull, and sure enough, yesterday he breaks up with her.

Accordn2L's picture

^^^^^ My SD8 is a victim in training from her BM too!!! I think the BM take a class on this so they can teach their evil spawn how to be helpess victims too

OMG!!! Guess SD15 is playing it up really well!!! Just got a call from DH that SD15 was not coming right home after school because one of her teachers felt bad for her because of the breakup, and is taking SD15 and one of her friends to get their nails done to cheer her up! WTH!!!!

And THIS is the kind of thing that feeds into it all!

That is my first instinct...but we are also in a small town, so it is plausible. I know when BS19 was going through his junk in 4th grade the second time around with my ex, his teacher (who had a background dealing with children in bad situations) took him and a couple of his friends to a baseball game in the city. But that was a bit different...in that the teacher and I had talked quite a bit over the school year while BS19 was going through my ex abandoning him about the situation, as I needed all the help I could get for BS19. She is still with the district...an awesome woman who really cares about the kids. So yeah...we do have teachers out here that would do these kinds of things...but over a breakup with a boyfriend? Really? Yeah...something makes me wonder....

hereiam's picture

You need to implant a homing chip in her and track her movements online.

If you can pass SD off as the family pet, perhaps your local vet would do this.