You are here

I knew it!

CantKeepDoingThis's picture

Didn't even go to BM's house, and SD15 has BM texting DH cussing him out! She went and told BM that we were taking her school shopping and not getting her braces. According to BM, SD15 told her, "She doesn't feel like you are taking care of her needs!" Seriously? Of course, SD15 is denying that she said anything like that to BM....eyebrows all over her face when she says that meaning she is lying through her teeth! Then, SD15 says that she was supposed to already have braces...that BM made appointments and all, but when she moved in here BM said it was now ALL DH's responsibility! Um...that's not what the papers say...it is half BM's responsibility!

Like I said...only thing wrong with SD15's teeth are some spaces...all of which will probably go away when her wisdom teeth come in over the next few years. DH finally flat out told her no braces until those teeth come in! Finally!

Oh....and he was so pissed about the clothing thing! He actually told her himself that we have never done back to school clothes shopping in this house! If she needs things like socks or underwear...that is one thing. He looked at the clothing all over her room and told her she had more than enough clothing!

I don't know how it got to the topic...but SD15 started pulling the whole sob story how she doesn't think I like her. Told her straight up...I don't like her attitude and how she treats people! I told her that the only time she ever says a word to me or DH is when she wants something! It was obvious she didn't like that answer.

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

Ooooh sounds like a bad cross btwn my SD19 and SD13. I'm glad you had the chance to tell her that you didn't like her behavior, and good for DH to say wait until the wisdom teeth come in.

We went through that with BM (now deceased) when SD13 needed an expander and extractions to get ready for the braces. It was so nice seeing her finally have to shell out a large sum of cash for her kid. Meanwhile she was buying leather clothes, hanging at out bars.....Now that BM is gone (cancer), we get social security benefits for the Skid who is under 18. So, in effect, BM is paying for the Skid's braces from beyond...... }:)

~ Moon

Sometimes, I like when SD15 gets BM involved, only because it gets DH upset and he is more likely to put his foot down than cave!

After all that last night, then the subject of SD15's phone comes up...as SD15 and DH are back to making nice. SD15 is trying to get a smart phone. We told her she isn't getting a data plan, so there is no reason to spend extra money on a smart phone. SD15 says that her current phone is getting glitchy, and she needs a new one! Keep in mind...the screen is shattered because she dropped the phone down the stairs at school! I've lost track how many phones she has been through the last 2 years...lost or broken. She was told by DH that he talked to ATT and the best thing to do is buy a Go Phone and put her SIMM in it...because he doesn't want to get stuck paying $30/month on a phone for 2 years that will not last 6 months! He says that SD15 has to prove she can keep a phone without losing it or breaking it before he will do that! SD15 gets all defensive and claims she has proven this...that she didn't destroy or lose all of her phones. DH told her to name one phone she still has that isn't broken! This part was priceless! Instead of coming up with an answer, she just argues and then doesn't want to talk about it, saying she is frustrated because DH keeps saying she destroys all her phones!

Oh, and she tweaked her foot yesterday in practice yesterday and is really playing it up! No swelling...no bruising...but she is claiming to be in such pain! She does this all the time for minor crap! That is why DH got stuck with an $800 ER bill for a bruised hip...instead of giving SD15 Ibuprophin and ice, BM took SD15 to the ER because of how bad SD15 plays it up! How did DH get stuck? BM's husband forged DH's signature on the paperwork, so when the bill wasn't paid, they came after DH! Still don't know why he didn't go after them for it...but that is water under the bridge now. Funny thing is, she was walking around on it just fine for about 2 hours after she got home! Didn't say anything about her foot or start limping until after the blow up!

It was releasing getting the opportunity to tell SD15 what I thought about her attitude!!! Will she take any of it to heart? Doubtful.

jumanji's picture

Of course, I'm 51, and still don't have my wisdom teeth. What do the dentist/orthodontist have to say?

Oh...the attitude isn't just toward me! It is how she treats everyone! The other girls in color guard can't stand her. When she shows up to functions, you can see the other girls and their eye rolls...and most of them don't even associate with her. SD15 talks so much crap about all of them behind their backs...out right says she is better than they are, they have no clue what they are doing, etc. However, when she dropped out if winter guard competitions, the team did better...placed higher in meets. During officer tryouts, SD15 wasn't even considered.

When she had a boyfriend, she was very bossy toward him, and smacked him if he didn't do what she said!

So, yeah...SD15 has always been rather snooty, but so is BM. Both act like the world is here to serve them.

As for her teeth...our dentist said some time ago (about 2 years ago) that braces would help cosmetically, but there is no urgent issue requiring correction. He also said it could be beneficial to wait on the wisdom teeth, as he sees no reason that they would not come in nicely...she has plenty of room. We've been with him for years, and he isn't the kind to try to bleed money out of us. If something really needs attention, he will tell us so. Braces on SD15 he categorized as "nice if you can afford to do it, but not a necessity".