You are here

The good, bad and ugly of this past weekend

Calypso1977's picture

Wedding was nice but SD13 and her attire and behavior were embarrassing.
She was by far the most under-dressed person there. Her dress was completely inappropriate. She looked like she belonged at the beach (it was a cottony coverup/tank style dress - extremely casual). And she had bra straps everywhere even tho she was explicitly told to wear something where they didnt show OR bring a sweater to wear over it.

The deal we made was no phone at the wedding. The rule in our home is no phones at the dinner table, and a wedding is primarily at the dinner table. She brought it anyway and fiance did nothing. She ran around all night with the thing clutched in her hand since she didnt have a purse or anything. She also kept disappearing to take selfies in the bathroom, outside, etc. instead of visiting with family, etc.

She ate her meal like a total pig. Refuses to use her knife, and ate with her fingers and hands. Again, nothing was said to her. Mercifully she sat across the table from me and fiance so hopefully people assumed she was someone else's kid.

The plan that night was for her and her cousin to watch a movie in their room. Nope! She whined and wanted to be in the living room to watch a movie and fiance gave in. So i basically had this kid up my ass from 9am until 11pm with no break from her.

She actually got her father a gift on her own (i was shocked). So that was good. But then she demanded a special breakfast of pancakes and her father did it for her. I had planned out a lovely breakfast for us and fiance's brother and daughter. She said she didnt want it but wanted something different because she "doesnt like eggs". Later that day she ate a hardboiled egg that was in the fridge. I refused to cook the special meal and made my fiance do it. She of course then ate that with her hands too.

She and her cousin went swimming for about 2 hours. Stupid SD had her phone right by the pool. Oh how i prayed she'd drop it in the water. She didnt, but it did get wet and wouldnt turn on. Smile She then of course was in a bad mood for several hours because of this.

Dinner was another pig fest. Her uncle even commented on her inability to use a knife. This is the second family member of my fiance's who has commented on this kid's table manners (or lack thereof). Of course when i say anything to him he says im "nit picking".

My fiance and i fought alot. This was of course all my fault.

This was the first weekend she has spent with us from 8am saturday until 6pm sunday. I dont think i can handle it. At this point i am very, very concerned that we are going to break up. Every promise my fiance made to me about how the weekend was to go was broken. The kid ran wild, got her own way, was not punished or disciplined or even scolded for her appearance and inability to follow directions.

The one highlight was her cousin. This little girl is so sweet. I enjoyed my time with her, and id really like to do some things with her on my own. I just dont know how to approach that with her dad because its obviously going to look weird. fiance and his brother have the kids the same weekends; so i have to figure out how to take my "niece" without having to take SD as well. I know his brother can use the help because he often has to work weekends. This would also get me out of the house and away from SD.

CantKeepDoingThis's picture

@Kankyfox...OMG! What is it with these girls? SD15 will do that...chug a soda, and then let out this huge belch without even an excuse me! How is it she can be so girly and flirty...hair, makeup and clothing must be perfect...one minute, and the next be belching like a fat, old slob sitting in front of a football game with a beer in each hand?

@Calypso1977...sounds like a dreadful weekend! I so feel for you, as I know how it can be when the SD is so embarrassing that you want to distance yourself as far as possible from them so no one will mistaken them for your kid! I don't get how these guys can just allow this behavior...okay, take that back, I can. They basically just give up, because they don't have the balls to keep up on them. MIL will say something to DH about SD15's behavior in church or something, and he just says something like, "The YOU say something! I'm done trying to tell her!" YOU ARE THE PARENT! You aren't allowed to be done trying to correct bad behavior! Until they are 18 and out the door, their behavior is your responsibility...after that, it is theirs.

Rags's picture

My Skid struggled with the concept that if he lies once, nothing he says can be trusted. He used to get very frustrated when I would force him to look me in the eye and tell me the truth.

"But, dad. I am not lying this time!" My answer would always be "That is what you told me when (incident XYZ LMNOP)etc...." It took a long while but eventually he came to the conclusion that for his mom and I to believe him about anything he had to tell the truth about everything.

Interestingly, his greatest frustrations as a young adult are about character, honesty, and logical behavior. Apparently he is finding these qualities to be fairly rare in many of the people he interfaces with regularly. Primarily within his Sperm Clan. They are on his particularly strong shit list for their manipulative crap lately.