You are here

SD throws tv remote at BS

momofhunter's picture

My 14 year old BS likes to aggravate and at times can be annoying. He walked past his SD (who was on the sofa) and ran his and through his hair. SD throws TV remote at him. when I try to talk to them SD says it is BS fault and he deserved it. BS laughs & says I was just teasing him. Am I being unrealistic in thinking that SD is the adult & should have taken another approach?

StepLady's picture

Everyone needs to keep their hands to themselves, what the hell? It is pretty basic! Tell these people to knock this shit off and move on. Your son has no business to touch anyone or be annoying, kid or not. And SD needs to get a grip and tell him to leave her alone and not throw things. If SD broke the remote she needs to replace it.

LikeMinded's picture

Here's some thing that you might want to consider:

There's a kid in our Middle School who's already branded "the guy who wants to touch girls" and the girls warn eachother about him. My daughter was warned within 2 weeks of attending that school.

Do you want your son to be the creepy kid who turns into the creepy guy?

Teach him boundaries towards women , at 14 he's a bit old for this behavior.

ctnmom's picture

IDK my DS26 (the LAWYER, brag brag), does this thing where he pretends to kick you and claps his hand on his thigh, like an old time wrestling move. I find it hysterical . Was he just fooling around, or is he truly annoying? I guess that's what you need to ask yourself.

kathc's picture

Your son should be keeping his hands to himself but your husband should also not be throwing things at your son. Put them both in time out.

Glassslipper's picture

Both need to:
KEEP YOU HANDS, FEET AND ALL OTHER OBJECTS TO YOURSELF!
BS keeps his hands to himself
DH keeps the remote to himself
Both were inappropriate, but an adult chucking a remote at a kid that is NOT HIS is UNACCEPTABLE in my book, aggravated or not!
Not acceptable!

boyswerehere's picture

If my son did that to his own dad just to be a brat, the reaction would have been much worse. Have you not taught your kid to keep his hands to himself? The entitlement you are teaching your son is astounding.