You are here

Normal 9 year old boy behavior

fullhouseof5's picture

I am the BM to a 6 year old little girl. I met my SS when he was 7 and he will now be 9 in a week. I don't know much about little boys and how they behave normally. Since I have a girl and most of my parent friends also have girls. So I don't have much to compare him too. I am just curious if you could enlighten me on somethings that normal 9 year old boys do. My SS seems to be a bit immature for his age but it could be that I have unrealistic expectations from him. He spends a lot of time playing with my other SS (who is 6) and my BD who is also 6. I would like to see him develop interests beyond that of 6 year olds and become interested in playing "big boy" things and not always with the little ones.

fullhouseof5's picture

No it is not bothering me Blended...and I am glad that they do get along and play well. But it just seems odd to me that his behavior is more on track with that of a 6 year old and not a 9 year old. He behaves similarly to the younger ones at play, at dinner, etc...I guess I thought at 9 he would be interested in different things and act a bit different is all. But like I said I only had one BD prior to becoming a step mom so I am learning as I go.

fullhouseof5's picture

Thank you ladies for your comments. Its been interesting for me to learn the dynamics of all these new relationships! So its great to hear others who have kids of similar ages and gender as my kids.