You are here

Need Help Please..

BabyRN's picture

I have a slightly different problem going on! I have a 2 year old BS and a 4yr SD. They are always playing, hugging and kissing each other. The last visit my son ended up scratching my SD's face while they were playing. Unfortunately, we told her, that her brother did not mean to hurt her, it was just his way of trying to show his love for her(he sometimes reaches for her head and brings it close to his so he can kiss her, hence where he sometimes leaves scratches). At one point I think we might have said "Your brother never means to hurt you as he is just loving on you." Big mistake, because now, DSD has told her mom that BS was not playing when he scratched her, but instead "He was loving on me in daddy's bed!" and now BM is all concerned that BS is doing inappropriate things to her daughter!

What am I supposed to do now? How do you explain to two kids that they cannot hug or kiss? as I am tempted to do, as SD's mom has already accused my brother of being a pervert, and all because he co owned and lived in my house!? I do not want to ruin the kids' friendship or sibling bond, but I am not willing for my son's reputation to be ruined either!!

EyesOfaStranger's picture

OMG He's only 2!!! Just tell BM to stuff it. }:) And if she decided to do something stupid like call cps on you.. dont worry, they will also know how ridiculous that is!! Let them bond! But watch carefully (.. when they get older) Normally you wouldnt have to watch so carefully but if shes already pulling this crap she may try to "convince" her dd that things are happening later on.. :jawdrop:
What a ridiculous woman for even going there!!!

witsend71's picture

It is BM's job to say something...she's prob not that upset about it. Don't catastraphize. I over react and ruminate only to realize later it was unnecessary. Cut his nails too.