You are here

Waking up screaming in the middle of the night

1776America's picture
Forums: 

My fiancé's bratty kid wakes up screaming in the middle of the night multiple times a night. 

one of the reasons she woke up last night: her pillow fell on the floor. She woke up the whole house. What did my fiancé do? He went in and picked up the pillow for the brat. are you kidding me?!?!? 

This is unheard of. I'm about to kick them both out. 

tog redux's picture

LOL, I thought it was going to be you waking up screaming in the middle of the night. Was going to say it's definitely time to leave when that starts happening. 

lieutenant_dad's picture

Sounds like your SO is a pretty crap parent, then, if he can't manage to figure out why sleep requires screaming on a nightly basis. 

Aunt Agatha's picture

That's what you do.  Date but live apart if you must still date him.

But this situation is only going to get worse.

Rumplestiltskin's picture

Either he's such a crappy parent that he can't make a 4-year-old behave even remotely decent, or the child is mentally disturbed and he won't get her help. Either way your life will suck if you stay.

I can tell you really want things to get better and work out with this guy, and you are really hurt and offended that your SO doesn't see the problem. It's not personal, and he's not doing it to hurt you.

I used to look at my SO as this great guy whose behaviors were really hurting me, and if he could just see that and stop or start doing certain thibgs, things would be perfect. But, the hurtful behaviors are the thing that make him NOT a great guy. It's just who he is. I am just now accepting that about my SO. It really changes how you look at the situation.

Harry's picture

The older the kid gets the worst thing are going to be.   Time to reassess this relationship?   Is this how you really want to live. The kids running the house ? 
You really eantbthis man to be a father to your kids ?..

lucy7509's picture

This child is going to be part of his life....forever.....do you really want all the responsibility of someone elses child when they dont have good parental skills....wait until the girl is 14...trashing your home cause she didnt get what she wanted....run ....dont look back....let him deal with it on his own....his child is not your responsibility ....your comments clearly show that each of you have a wide gap between what is acceptable behaviour...find someone who has no kids and start new...

Rags's picture

Give  your SO clarity that this shit ends now or they are both gone.

Then kick them out if he fails to effectively adress it.

smh