You are here

Daughter Hogging Dad!

warrior19's picture

:?
Just wondering if others feel this way or have experience dealing with this issue.
My live in boyfriend's daughter is 18. She is taking college courses at a local community college and is not working right now. Her dad and I both work full time and don't get so spend much time together during the week. I have an 12 year old son whose dad has him two weekends out of the month.
The issue is that she does not drive and she does not have any friends that live nearby. That means that on the weekends, she comes up with things for her dad to take her to (usually an hour or more away). This, obviously, cuts into any time we might have together. I am glad they get along but good grief! She needs to get a job and find her own friends. I never dreamt an 18 year old would barely leave the house! I know if I make a big deal about it, they will both get upset with me. She and I don't get along great anyway, but have been doing better. She obviously has him wrapped around her finger and this has been an ongoing theme in our 3 year relationship. Any suggestions?

beebusdriver93's picture

Have you at least told him how you feel? With 2 full time skids living here I feel what you are saying the only alone time we have is when we crawl in bed at night tired so when they just happen to be gone I savor the alone time with him. Your right at 18 heck I had my own car and job and friends and money!
Oh a thought...his kids dont have many friends at all...I gotta get them some so when they are that age they will be at their house instead of ours Smile

DaizyDuke's picture

I feel for you, I just posted over the weekend how my SS11 is shoved so far up my hubby's @ss when he is with us, the jaws of life couldn't get him out! Seriously I feel like I can't even have an adult conversation with hubby without SS lurking around the corner waiting to get back up hubby's @ss.

And what can I say without sounding like a brat? Nothing.. So I just go outside and talk to myself or my 9 month old..it's really gonna suck when my son gets old enough to understand (and repeat) what I am saying... then I'll have to start talking to the dogs.

beebusdriver93's picture

LOL! Daizy....she isn't stuck that far up his butt but she is always there like a leech! Or she is around the corner listening to every damn word we say then she comes in with her input like either of us ask her for it! Some days I just sit back cause there have been days she got on his nerves so bad he sent her to her room or outside cause not only is she brat, she is nosey, she either talking back to him or sucking his a@@! God!