You are here

BM quit her job!

confusedsm11's picture

BM who has 2 kids (receivers $1,400 total in support from 2 different men) quit her job. She just moved into a bigger house, bought a pool, bounce house, is on an expensive vacation this week (taking her bf and his 2 kids also) and has another one planned next month. We on the other hand, can barely pay our bills. I told DH that he has to try for a reduction. She voluntarily quit her job! She was receiving subsidized childcare and yet we still had to pay the full half of our amount. I told him if nothing else, we shouldn't have to pay for daycare anymore. We also have a DS together. She had no good cause to quit. He says he thinks they will raise it but I told him the cost of SS isn't more expensive than before she quit her job and they won't base her pay off zero dollars. They will base it off her earning potential which is what she was making at her last job. I don't want to continue to pay her $650 a month so she can sit on her ass while we can barely afford to live. Do you think we have a chance?!

queen-B's picture

Was the $650 ordered while BM was still working? If so, then unfortunately I think you're stuck. Now, if she's voluntarily unemployed, and then asks for MORE support because she's not working, then she'll get laughed out of the courtroom.

I'm sorry your situation stinks like that. Sometimes our court system bites a$$.