You are here

This might be a little harsh...

Executivestepmother's picture

So nothing is worse than knowing your husband has already had a kid, been through some kind of pregnancy news, excitement... everything and you have never done that. The first time is something our spouses/significant others have taken from us and we won't ever get back. They have raised a baby, brought it home from the hospital, birthed it, changed it's shitty pats... etc. and we are all on square one.

So BM is a complete lying w*ore who lied to all three of the guys she has kids with, telling them the same lie, "I can't get pregnant." And these 3 fools were dumb enough to believe her all the way to the child support bank! Anyways... SO I don't want SD6 to grow up totally like her mother. My husband32, was with BM for a few evenings of fun, and then she was "OMG it's a miracle she can have babies." There was no relationship before that, and what came after that was out of obligation and my husband is one of those CRAZY, rare nice guys, and he stayed with her during the pregnancy. He describes it as his dark time, and always talks about hating every moment of it. He moved out 6 months after she was born and never looked back. He is a great father, a crazy awesome husband, seriously stupid for sleeping with cheap women like her, but that's over.

MY point is, SD6 is obsessed with boyfriends, cause her mother has a new one ever few months, and is always asking when she can kiss boys. She always tries to remind us that BM and my husband lived together when she was a baby. She is always telling us the lies that her mother is telling her about their past relationship, and we didn't want to hurt SD feelings by telling her the truth. BM told her that people can have babies when ever they want, after they find a boyfriend!!!!! UM HELLO TEEN PREGNANCY advocate! This is so wrong I could just scream! I don't want SD to grow up like this SO I feel I had no choice....

We sat SD6 down and explained to her why it's a better idea to wait until she finds someone she wants to marry until she thinks about having a baby! (SHES 6 years old, WHY is this happening.) When she asked how you know who you want to marry, we talked about that too.. basically told her it's someone you REALLY love and want to grow old with forever. She asked her dad why he didn't love her mom, and he didn't know what to say. I stepped in and said that this was something we would talk about when she was a little older, but for now, to not worry about finding a boyfriend, because playing with toys is more fun anyways. She agreed.

SO now when she wants to talk about her mom and dad together we just say, no more talking about that until you are older and she stops. SHES a BABY, WTF is wrong with her mom?????? Does she want her kid to have kids in her teens? REALLY?

OMG!

Anon2009's picture

I agree with fct. I do have to say, though, sd may think "well, Dad didn't wait until he was married when he and mom had me." She might have some tough questions/things to say about that at some point.