You are here

BM emailed the teachers ..

SMof2Girls's picture

I'm almost embarrassed for her .. but I'm glad she's putting herself out there, true colors and all:

Sir,
Good morning
I writhing to inquire about my daughter SD6. Her father has voiced some concerns about SD6 needing to attend therapy session to aide in her ability to cope with change. I was wondering if SD6 has exhibited and thing while at school that you are aware if that would be of concern.
I was the assuming the answer would be no. I do know that SD6 has expressed her thoughts and feeling about my pregnancy.
I had not be informed of anything concerning from you or the school so I have not been worried. Her father has been very adamit about her attendance in the therapy sessions.
I wanted to confirm what if any concerns you might have as her teacher and also having experience in this subject.
Thank you in advance for any inputt
Very respectifully,
BM

B22S22's picture

Um, WRITHING?

Just wow. I know when I type too quickly I fat finger some keys... but I go back and re-read what I've typed to clean up any typos (except not always on here...)

SMof2Girls's picture

Just copying and pasting that into Steptalk sent my spell check into overdrive lol

Informal emails/posts/texts are one thing .. but whenever we communicate with a teacher or other professional, we check and re-read several times before sending.

BSgoinon's picture

Especially when email a teacher. "Sir" is probably thinking that mom needs to attend his class.

SMof2Girls's picture

Haha .. DH often tries to read these out loud to me and he sounds like a 6 year old reading Shakespeare .. I usually can't tell if the email is just that bad, or if he's having some serious difficulty reading.

sbm014's picture

I will say my DH doesn't always send the most "professional" emails to SS's teacher. I mean this by lack of punctuation and such. However his first email he sent as he missed the first day of school he sent to me to make sure there was punctuation, full sentences etc.

I understand update emails not being perfect but the first email should be professional.

I legit re-read that several times it hurt my head so much.

SMof2Girls's picture

I am usually forgiving on one or two mistakes; no one is perfect.

But this? It's just embarrassing ...

sbm014's picture

It is embarrassing. And as I said the first one was very proper. However, now she understand most emails he is sending is at 2-3am because of his work schedule, and it is to simply check up...not addressing major issues.

Sambolina1's picture

I am a teacher and I hate hate hate hate and also loathe being involved in the drama of stepaprenting and crazy parents. Give the kid a break from it to just be a kid during school hours. Geez.

christinen's picture

Hahaha. That's awesome that she sent it like that though. The teacher probably thinks she's a wackjob!

AmIWicked's picture

My husband's ex is the worst I've ever seen at writing.
I wonder how she got through school.

She LOVES using ; as if it automatically makes what she writes true. Lol. I counted once 14 ; in a single email.
All were used incorrectly.

SMof2Girls's picture

BM is like that with "big" words. She misuses them most of the time, and almost always misspells them.

SMof2Girls's picture

Yes, it is. Her spelling/grammar is usually the best tell for when she's very upset about something .. apparently her kids speaking to therapist in confidence scares the living crap out of her.

tryingmom's picture

her kids speaking to therapist in confidence scares the living crap out of her.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

BINGO!!! What is SHE hiding??

Also, need to note that I cannot stand when people use the word ASSUME. Know, or don't know, don't assume anything! Sheesh!!!

christinen's picture

LOL! Ours took my DH to court for custody of SD (then never showed up lol) & in the court papers, she handwrote everything & had all kinds of misspelled words and grammatical errors. When we got a copy in the mail, I died laughing while reading it. Can only imagine what the judge thought haha

BSgoinon's picture

Maybe she meant, she thought you should purchase and display Picasso's collection of "Three Musicians". NO? You are right, probably not. Blum 3

Anon2009's picture

That teacher's probably thinking that her pupils could write a better email than that. The kids in her class probably could write a better email than that.

SituationalTourettes's picture

I wonder what the look was like on the teacher's face that received that letter! LOL

ej'scrazy's picture

As a teacher, I think I would decline to answer, as it seems (from how it's worded) that she is looking for a fight.

Drac0's picture

Aha! BM must be the translator for the orginal SEGA video games!

"All your base are belong to us!"

snowdrop's picture

the email is poorly written, and she clearly wants some buy in from the teach to support her feeling that sd does not need therapy.

still, she actually contacted the child's teacher to check in-- that counts for something. my skids bm has never done such a thing. never.